Rental ceiling collapsed and need legal aid

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Kramer
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Rental ceiling collapsed and need legal aid

Post by Kramer »

My name is Shanette and I live in a rental. On July 6 my ceiling collapsed in my bedroom. The name of the apartments is Williamsburg Village. I contacted the apartment manager and reported the incident and they are going so, so I need legal to make them fix the ceiling. Lucky no one was hurt but some dust and dirt landed on myself and my 23 year old niece who has Autism. The incident was on going I reported the issue Several times to Apartment manager. The apartment manager stated that my personal items could not be replaced by the property owners. She stated that Maintenance will start cleaning and repairing on Tuesday. However I currently have no place to stay and no clothes no shoes nor toiletries to use Due to the horrific damages in my bedroom. Can someone contact with resources that my help us in these unpleasant times.
Lertyou

Re: Rental ceiling collapsed and need legal aid

Post by Lertyou »

Dear reader.
It is difficult and shameful for me to ask of this - to ask for free legal aid and home repairs for a roof.
But it feels like I am now on on the edge of cliff in a terrifying thunder storm and surrounded by hungry lions, blocking my way to go back down but to go forward. And to go forward means to look for a way down the cliff or to jump.
What I'm trying to say is that, I've lost everything to an incident I'd rather not talk about it because just thinking about it just hurts me in such a way that I want to do something that is against a promise I make to someone special to me.
I'm writing to you, to ask for a helping hand. I want to start over to honor their memories and to show others that there are better ways in life to live. Not through robbing and killing and doing things that might hurt others just to make their way.
My name is Vincent and I am 25 years of age and need some legal aid and home repair help and more. But I would let you know more about me and my story later.
Please I just need a helping hand to start over please.
I'll be waiting for your reply.
Maher
anti spam: Blue

Re: Rental ceiling collapsed and need legal aid

Post by Maher »

Customer service representatives at Long Beach Emergency Rental Assistance Program do not have answers. I need legal aid.
Three Questions
1) Do the tenants still need to be under the roof in order for me to receive the rent they haven't paid in 7 months? As the roof celling collapsed and I need free legal to sue the landlord.
2) If I jump through all the hoops correctly, but the tenant doesn't or disappears, then what? Still eligible?
3) Priority goes to people off EDD for more than 90 days. How do they know I am a priority applicant? It's been 4 months.
I started Application # 143557 at the end of September and it still has not been reviewed for legal aid to help me with the landlord and the collapsed ceiling.
The tenant is squatting, not paying since May. I've followed the 3 day notice protocol since the moratorium was lifted. With no rental income, my condo is our primary residence. Our things are in storage and my twins and I are staying wherever we can, separately.
What options do you know of? Is there a policing entity over these funds? Are there other programs? How do we get reimbursed and help getting back in to condo?
Any direction would be appreciated.