Disabled as was hit by a drunk driver

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Mccant
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Disabled as was hit by a drunk driver

Post by Mccant »

On the 29th of November 2019, my sister in-law was driving home with her 3 children from her older son’s birthday party when a vehicle with a drunk driver made an illegal U-turn right into her lane which caused this very life threatening accident.
My sister in law, mother of 4 suffered a broken leg and serious head trauma her 5 year old daughter broke her pelvic bone and fractured her finger and also suffered from head trauma. Her birthday boy who just 8 and her 2 year old baby boy suffered from internal bleeding, chest pain and severe head trauma from the drunk driver.
All were rushed to UC Davis Medical center where the two boys were rushed into surgery for the internal bleeding and the mother also went into surgery. My brother the father of the kids in the accident was at work at the time and the other son was in a different vehicle following behind his mother and siblings. He witnessed the entire crash.
My sister in laws brother too witnessed the accident exited his vehicle which was traveling behind my sister in law and removed all the injured passengers one by one. The drunk driver exited his vehicle and tried to walk away from the scene he eventually did and Sacramento police found him injured too and took him to Mercy Hospital. His wife was sent to the same hospital as my family and actually shared a room with my sister in-law in the 3rd floor. This has definitely been a hard time for my entire family as we are beyond grateful that we still have every single person involved in the accident here with us still breathing. I am writing in today to simply ask not only prayers but for financial help.
With Christmas right around the corner and my sister-in-law unable to work due to her physical injuries we are asking for any donation’s toys, clothes anything for the holidays. These kids deserve to celebrate Christmas like any other child but due to these circumstances of being hit by a drunk driver. We want to at least help get their minds off of this very traumatic event and be happy for Christmas. So however, you can help please we ask kindly for assistance with making Christmas happen for these children. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Hylari

Re: Disabled as was hit by a drunk driver

Post by Hylari »

Hello! My name is Ana and I wanted to go ahead and explain my situation. I am currently a senior here at VCU and am planning to graduate this upcoming summer (summer 2023), but I am not disabled as I was hit by a drunk driver. I have been out of class for a few semesters now due to financial issues and will need to complete 1 more class in order to receive my degree. For this class, I had to look for an internship. I have been looking hard for internships in Northern Virginia, due to my financial state but unfortunately have been unsuccessful. I've been looking for internships in Northern Virginia since Fall 2021. I have finally located an internship that was approved, but it is unfortunately in the Richmond area. This means that I would have to go ahead and relocate in order to complete this internship. This puts more of a financial burden on me.
In April 2022, I suffered a major car accident- a drunk driver hit me at full speed and knocked my car down a field. My car was declared totaled and I was diagnosed with TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) shortly after. I was on bed rest until February of 2023 and have slowly been recovering from this car accident. This means that I had to quit my job, go back home, and have my parents take care of me.
It has been a very hard past year, being disabled from that drunk driver, for me but I am extremely worried because I need to graduate since I was supposed to graduate in 2021. I am not sure what to do, I do not have any sort of income since I had to quit my job and be taken care of. I have not been able to find a job either. I do not have any money and do not know how I am going to pay for this apartment for my internship. I had to pick an apartment located in downtown Richmond. The rent each month is $1002 and the utilities vary (Typically under $100), I also have to pay to park my car which is an additional $125 per month.
This brings my rent to a total of $1200 each month. The rent was due on June 1st and I have not made the means to pay it. I have not paid it at all and do not know where to turn. I have applied to countless jobs since the middle of May and unfortunately have not received any email/ phone call back to come in for an interview. I have sold more than half of my closet (clothes, shoes, etc) and have only made $300. This barely covers the rent. Some days I find myself starving myself in order to conserve those $300 to go to rent. I have been doing everything I possibly can in my power to afford rent but I have not been successful. I am very worried, stressed, in pain from the disability and do not know where to turn. I wanted to know if there was anyway possible that I could be assisted. Again, any little bit helps and I desperately need help. I am more than happy to provide screenshots/documentations of rent costs.
Sami Parker

Re: Disabled as was hit by a drunk driver

Post by Sami Parker »

My name is Brandy. I live in Newnan Georgia. I am in need of a housing voucher ASAP for the disabled like me. I am currently on SSI and disability and staying with a friend. I lost my son a ago when I was hit by a drunk driver. I was staying and paying rent to the friend that owns the house and I just got back from visiting my son's grave who I hadn't been to and the house I was staying in still isn't finished from the tornado damage. I need a place to live as it won't be considered back live able for another 2 weeks and where I am currently staying I cannot stay at any longer. It is also not disabled friendly.