Sleeping and Living in car while waiting on military disability

State and local government assistance programs.
Southwest
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Sleeping and Living in car while waiting on military disability

Post by Southwest »

To whomever, this should reach.
Please read this and understand our disparity. My name is Robert I am disabled and going through a process to get my military disability active. About a month ago my husband (Juan Jesus) and I with our two pups set out on what we thought would be an exciting trip to Dallas to sell items I had acquired doing estate sales over the past couple of years. It was to be for 4 days long. It has now been over a month. Unfortunately, we missed our appointment for the Oklahoma community care project with what we so desperately needed. Within the first week, we had been swindled out of a couple of items due to my lack of knowledge of their worth. The items I have that are of great value nobody is in the market for them and/or I can't find the buyers.
Then come to find out my truck which I thought was owned by the former boss that I paid him monthly for nearly a year...was a rental truck from Hertz and had been reported stolen. A Lewisville police officer pulled us over, took us to jail, and impounded the truck so I could no longer sleep or live in my car. After they saw the false paperwork I was given by my old boss. The information was looked up, we were let go 24 hours later. So stuck and stranded we became determined to sell these items to get us home and to get the things we needed to come out ahead. It's been over a month now bouncing from hotel to hotel. Two weeks ago I was notified by the security staff where I live that my shop where my already struggling business is located was broken into. Six days later they inform us that our house was violated.
This morning I was called by the complex to let me know that my front door had been found wide open not once...but two days in a row. Someone is breaking into our home and taking our things and I can't do anything as we have no vehicle to get there. We are almost broke and can't afford more than one more day here at the Hawthorn Suites, Dallas Tx. I've pawned what I could. still with no transportation home. I'm losing my mind and starting to lose hope. We would have rented a car but my husband's driver's license is expired, and I don't have a credit card. If I did it would still cost too much for me to afford.
I was unable to make my Dr. appointment for the military disability screening and have been off my prescribed mental health meds for about 8 days and I fear the worst. I keep looking around and realizing the position we're in and can't figure out what to do. I need to get my husband and our boys home. What's left of it. My husband due to this whole trip has become depressed and looks sad every time I look at him as he wants to get out of living in the car while the disability is processed by the military. He ran out of his HIV medication months ago because we could no longer get the insurance to cover it due to him missing appointments.
Only I had a vehicle at the time and was not there like I should have been. I was out trying to make money to keep lights and gas on. Even that I couldn't do. This trip we had set out on was to be the answer. I thought we would return with enough to fix everything. Pay rent, bills, family, and friends back that I am also behind on. When my little business stopped getting calls and the work vanished I could not afford to provide as much. It was and is a dark hole I feel I am falling into with no help. It is in closing I desperately beg whoever gets this. Please if there is anything that can be done, any assistance provided that could help us. Let me know, PLEASE
HarryS
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Sleeping and Living in car while waiting on military disability

Post by HarryS »

My husband, a military veteran, and I have been homeless for almost 2 years. We've been living in a car and the winters get pretty unbearable. We are waiting on his military disability. I do receive SSI Disability and have been for almost 15 years. Is there any help that we can receive to obtain a home? We can afford the monthly payments, but it's the move in/upfront costs that have been holding us back from securing a residence. Any help we can receive please let me know. We currently live in the state of Wisconsin but are willing to go wherever we have to, in order to get out of the car and into a home.
Thank you for your time and help!