Scammed on Gofundme

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Paula
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Scammed on Gofundme

Post by Paula »

My name is Dan. I was born and raised as a catholic and I am requesting your financial assistance as I was scammed on Gofundme like now I know many others have been. I am 64 years old and in need of financial help. Last year I bit into a tuna sandwich and 4 front
teeth just broke off. I went to the Dentist and he said my teeth were weak and as a result I have had all my bottom teeth removed and all but 6 removed from the top. The dentist installed a post on each side of my mouth that would securely fasten my lower denture to my gum. I tried Gofundme to pay that bill and the next one.
When the dentist was drilling on the right side of my mouth he was able to install the post with no problem. When he drilled on the left side I was in so much pain I was soaked with sweet when I left. I could not put in the denture without being in pain. I told him this and he said he had done a root canal and it is impossible to be in pain and left the room.

I went home and didn't use the denture they had given me. A few days later I went back to the Dentist Office and seen a different dentist. He took an x-ray and we found out the first dentist drilled the hole crooked and when he put in the post it went through the bottom of my tooth and into my jaw. The current dentist had never seen this happen and was very surprised. He ended up taking the tooth and post out. I now have 1 post on the right side of my mouth and having a very difficult time eating.
I did some research and decided I was going to try and get the funds for tooth implants which is around 15k. This is where the scam started. I decided to start a gofundme account and see if I could get some help.
I noticed a post from a man named Harry that he and is wife had financial problems most of their life but somehow was given a lot of money and wanted to pay it forward and help some people. I emailed him
and he decided he would donate me 10k. I was very excited. As the process went on I had to pay these various fees to get the funds. He told me that because the amount was over 10k (he was going to send me 10,700 to cover fees).When all was said and done, he had scammed me out
of every penny I had. That is where I am now. trying to pay my bills from the Gofundme scam.
I have been sending messages to people on Facebook and Twitter to help me get the funds I need to pay my bills. I was referred to you to see if you could help me out. I have a title loan on my car that has not been payed, my house payment and a payment to lawyers who are working on my credit. In total I need about $1,500 to take care of my bills and food for the rest of the month.
If you could help me I would appreciate it very much. I have been praying to the lord since I was 14 and I continue to pray to my savior for help and guidance. When I checked into my Facebook account I was referred to you.
Merical Cromer
anti spam: Blue

Re: Scammed on Gofundme

Post by Merical Cromer »

I am writing to see if there is any way I can get help with my consumers bill? I have been struggling with health issues and am behind on my bill. I tried a gofund me and I was scammed. I have a shut off notice and am unable to pay the amount needed to keep them on all at one time. I just need some help this one time, both with the bills and the gofundme scam. I have not had a problem with paying my bill until I started having a little bit of health issues. I lost my job and have just started a new one. Is there anything you can do to help me please??
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sorry to here that. There are pros-cons to Crowdfunding (as we note) and other options too. Also look into legal aid or call the authorities. But learn more about struggling families crowdfunding for money.
Merical Cromer wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:29 am I am writing to see if there is any way I can get help with my consumers bill? I have been struggling with health issues and am behind on my bill. I tried a gofund me and I was scammed. I have a shut off notice and am unable to pay the amount needed to keep them on all at one time. I just need some help this one time, both with the bills and the gofundme scam. I have not had a problem with paying my bill until I started having a little bit of health issues. I lost my job and have just started a new one. Is there anything you can do to help me please??
Mena Carlisle

Post by Mena Carlisle »

Hello my name is Alexus and I am 21 years old with a 3 year old son. My boyfriend, and our son's father, is Andrew 19 years old and we were both scammed using GoFund me. In April of 2021 our lease was up on our apartment and we decided to stay and pay month-to-month until we found a new place to move. When we did, and paid deposits, etc. Then we found out that we had been scammed on GoFundme when my account was hacked and had to move out of our apartment July 31st.
My boyfriend's parents allowed us to live with them until Thanksgiving weekend while we get back on our feet to move into a new place. As of October 1st my job let me go due to the vaccine mandate and my unwillingness to get the Covid vaccine. Since then I have been applying to jobs and finally got hired on to Fifth Third Bank as a Call Representative last week at an interview event but my start date isn't until November 29th.
My boyfriend's parents are his former foster parents and aren't willing to let us stay any longer and we have no money to move with and nowhere to go and are facing homelessness Thanksgiving weekend.
Andrew only makes $300-$400 a week at his job and I haven't obtained any income in almost 2 months now and we lost hundreds of dollars from the GoFund me hack and scam. We have a specific apartment we want to move into and just need help to pay the first months rent and security deposit. The rent is $1,080 and the security deposit is $100. Please let me know if/how you can help. I've called the Salvation Army, they rental assistance program is closed and I've been on hold with the Community Action Agency for over an hour.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We do have information about GoFundMe, raising money from the platform, and their anti-fraud and scam services. Maybe look into that first then go from here. Learn about GoFundMe.