Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Gambino
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Weatherization to Winterize my home

Post by Gambino »

Winterize my home
I was interested in getting help winterizing my home. My house seems to not heat or cool well anymore. I do live in a 13-year-old doublewide, if that helps on any ideas. I am single and have three children at home. I work full time 40+ hours weekly and still have a hard time making ends meet. My children have not received child support in 7 years or more, but their father is on disability and the two youngest get a small check monthly from that.
We do not qualify for food stamps and I am at work when the food banks are open. We hope we qualify for weatherization winterize services.
We get very few vacation days where I work, even though I have been here 6 years. I recently got approved family leave for my son, so when I must miss a day of work to go to his appointments or leave early to get him from school, it really hurts my pay check, luckily, he is on new medication that seems to be helping. My son has Crohn’s Disease and I am still paying back Dr bills for him and bills from my divorce (credit cards, student loans). Luckily, I did get qualified for him to get Medicaid, which helped with future bills! Any info at all would be helpful on programs or assistance in my area.
Thank you for your time,
ChuckieMac

Re: Weatherization to Winterize my home

Post by ChuckieMac »

I was told I was at the top of the list to get weatherization program started, well it's been a year since I asked for help. No one ever showed up or contacted me, I had gotten a letter from Gaines county and it said I was eligible, and still none has been around.
Now my water well went out. I have had no water and it's getting worse because the things I need help with nobody wants to help me. I need to fix and weatherize my house.
Sincerely
Steven
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Weatherization to Winterize my home

Post by Admin »

Hi Steven,
While a water heater repair may be possible from weatherization, it depends of course on the state, your income and other factors. But you can apply and at least try. As it may work, and learn more here on weatherization for the low income.
ChuckieMac wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:22 am I was told I was at the top of the list to get weatherization program started, well it's been a year since I asked for help. No one ever showed up or contacted me, I had gotten a letter from Gaines county and it said I was eligible, and still none has been around.
Now my water well went out. I have had no water and it's getting worse because the things I need help with nobody wants to help me. I need to fix and weatherize my house.
Sincerely
Steven