Struggling housekeeper

State and local government assistance programs.
Cream
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Struggling housekeeper

Post by Cream »

Hello, my name is Amber and I am reaching out to you in hopes that you all can help me. I am a housekeeper that is struggling due to illness. These past few years have been hard on many families such as my own, but we have remained vigilant and faithful that the Lord shall see us through and we have been able to manage so far. Unfortunately, the past two months have been by far one of the most challenging for myself and my four children.
Two months ago, I had an accessed tooth that turned into an almost deadly infection. I was taken by rescue unable to breath and went right into emergency surgery. The infection had turned to sepsis causing it to almost reach my heart and kill me. By the Grace of God, I am still here. I am a single mother of four and my children solely rely on me, and the struggle as a housekeeper goes on. I was hospitalized for weeks so I could receive rounds of antibiotics until the infection cleared. Currently I am still recovering and going to infectious disease at Jackson weekly to monitor and make sure it is completely gone. This unexpected emergency has caused me to miss work, so I have fallen behind on all of my bills.
I am a housekeeper, so I didn't have any type of medical leave and I used the little bit of money that I did have to pay my rent leaving me in the situation I am in now. I have a disconnection notice for my electric dated for tomorrow. I went to the community resource center to try and get assistance they asked me who lives in my household so naturally I put myself and my children they then told me that they are unable to help me because my children are not on my lease. I don't understand this considering my kids are minors, and the lease and light Bill are in my name. I am turning to the Church as a last resort, and I don't know where else to turn to but God.
I am terrified and scared. We are taught not to worry, and I am praying for strength but this is very time sensitive and I have exhausted every option and have not been successful. Housekeepers do not earn much, and the loss of hours made me struggle. I know I need not question my faith I am just lost not knowing what to do and I have been strong for so long and have always maintained to work and care for my children while being obedient and doing as God has instructed us to do by living in his example. I am reaching out to the Lord and putting all of my faith and surrender myself to him that he will not let us suffer. My Grandfather Frank Studva was a long-time staple in the Church and him and my Grandmother Dorothy were both very involved at St. Theresa. They gave generous amounts of donations and in their younger days they gave a lot of time as well to the ministry. I am happy that my family has been able to be a part of the Church and I pray that in my time of need I can trust that my faith and prayers will be answered. In Jesus name, Amen.

PROVERBS 3:5-6 TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL OF YOUR HEART AND LEAN NOT ON YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING; IN ALL YOUR WAYS SUBMIT TO HIM. AND HE WILL MAKE YOUR PATHS STRAIGHT.
Barby

Re: Struggling housekeeper

Post by Barby »

Yes my family and I have struggled extremely hard since we were laid off from our housekeeper jobs from coronavirus then we were able to make his families get their bills paid but now we are all living together since last year and I promised then we would never go without a tree again and here is the season again. It is close to Thanksgiving Eve and his parents are elderly and all our storage was stolen so they have been on a blow up bed. As you can see were are struggling since we lost our housekeeper jobs.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Struggling housekeeper

Post by Admin »

Sadly the service and housekeeping industry was hit hard by COVID, but it has come roaring back. Hopefully you can land a job soon. In the meantime, since it seems you have many needs, look here at our main site for information on financial help, holiday assistance and more. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/
Barby wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:47 am Yes my family and I have struggled extremely hard since we were laid off from our housekeeper jobs from coronavirus then we were able to make his families get their bills paid but now we are all living together since last year