Rehousing needed for a veteran

Find how to get help with rent
Peter Nagares
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Rehousing needed for a veteran

Post by Peter Nagares »

I'm the Veteran Rapid Re-housing Program (VRRP) Case Manager from HomeFirst and my client is needing financial assistance for the deposit/first month rent at the Curtner Studios. The deposit is $1,100.00 and monthly rent is $693.00. Would this veteran qualify for assistance with a monthly income of $974.00 from SSI and SSDI? Veteran will no longer be obtaining VRRP assistance after March 2021 as he has been in the program for 2 years+. I want to ensure veteran has secure housing before veteran is discharged from the program. Veteran has already been approved for the Curtner Studios and has a move-in date on September 29, 2022. Please let me know if assistance can be provided, thank you.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Rehousing needed for a veteran

Post by Admin »

There is a program known as Supportive Services for Veteran Families, and it helps with rehousing. Your HomeFirst case manager should be able to help you apply. Now whether it will give the entire $100 deposit or not, we have no idea. But try them to apply, and learn more on SSVF housing assistance for veterans.
Peter Nagares wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:48 am I'm the Veteran Rapid Re-housing Program (VRRP) Case Manager from HomeFirst and my client is needing financial assistance for the deposit/first month rent at the Curtner Studios. The deposit is $1,100.00 and monthly rent is $693.00. Would this veteran qualify for assistance with a monthly income of $974.00 from SSI and SSDI? Veteran will no longer be obtaining VRRP assistance after March 2021 as he has been in the program for 2 years+. I want to ensure veteran has secure housing before veteran is discharged from the program. Veteran has already been approved for the Curtner Studios and has a move-in date on September 29, 2022. Please let me know if assistance can be provided, thank you.