Leased townhouse repairs

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Latricia
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Leased townhouse repairs

Post by Latricia »

I am a single mom with a 14 month old son living in a leased townhouse. My living situation has gone from bad to unlivable and I have applied and researched and reached out to so many places and I am still in the same situation. My son and I have lived in the townhouse that we are living in now for almost 13 months and for 13 months both me and my son have been sick throughout the entire year. My son was only one month old when we moved in this property.

The landlord made such a great deal to move in I couldn't say no to the townhouse. I now know why he did what he did because this property would have never been rented by someone who had options and wasn't desperate to have a roof over their newborn baby’s head. I am on wait lists for help but for 12 months I have been struggling and now it’s to the point where I am facing being actually homeless with my son that is barely one years old. I live in a townhouse in Federal Way I rent from a private owner. For the 13 months I have lived at this townhouse there has been so many issues and health hazards with this town home and the land lord is very much aware of all the issues but refuses to do anything about it.
It has gotten so bad with the electrical that only 4 light switches work in the whole home. Just because the light switch works doesn't mean every light works and the switches that still do work only one or two of the bulbs even work. There are 2 lights that will actually spark when you turn on. Just last week the wall heater in the downstairs where my son plays at caught fire because it’s never been cleaned.
There are 6 fire alarms in the townhouse and every single alarm is broken and needs repairs. I would have never even known there was a fire but thankfully my son wasn't home and I was in the room where the fire started. I have struggled with insects in our home since day one.
I have had to watch my newborn son get bitten by bugs. There is mold in the kitchen and in both bathrooms, mold is in every window seal, the hot water heater has been leaking for over a month and has cause a huge molding issue in the pantry room. I am scared to have nowhere to live and my son be homeless but the townhouse needs repairs and the lease is a mess. I am begging for help at this point, please help or refer me to a place that will help me. And I mean no disrespect when I say this but I can’t be told to fill a form our and be put on a wait list or be told to call 211. I have called 211 more times than I can count and I am on every wait list known to man. Thank you for reading my email and I hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you
malisha
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Leased townhouse repairs

Post by malisha »

Good afternoon,
I work in Social Services for the Bay Pines VAMC. I am working with a very low income 80 year old Veteran that has a townhome that is leased but needs repairs. Currently the home appliances will not start. We were able to get a Veteran organization to do some minor repairs it to his housing but I have been unsuccessful in finding any one to assist with diagnosis and repair. He is in the VA HUD VASH housing program but relies on the car to get to and from his medical appts and grocery store.