We are starting oiver

State and local government assistance programs.
Derrick
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

We are starting oiver

Post by Derrick »

I am emailing in hopes of there is actually some help for my fiancé and I. Not unlike so many other people in the last 2 years, we are starting over.
We have lost nearly everything. We have been fortunate enough to have a place to stay, for now but that arrangement will be ending in the next couple of months.
My fiancé became very sick last winter and on top of everything else, he had open heart surgery and a triple bypass.
He is slowly
Getting better but he will never be able the do the jobs he did previously. He didn't d file his disability and was denied. He has been looking for work with no luck.
We need some help and guidance. I have no place to turn and I cannot work enough. I am so close to having a breakdown.
My Name is Shannon—Missouri
SteveKerr
anti spam: Blue

Re: We are starting over

Post by SteveKerr »

Hello, and thank you in advance for you time,
I live outside Los angles, CA with my husband and our four children are starting over. I am reaching out to you because we are in a dire situation and have exhausted all options we are aware of.
In 2019, my husband and I finally felt like our hard work had paid off. We both come from very impoverished families that struggled with drug addiction, and we vowed to break that cycle. My husband worked up the ranks of GE and had finally become a foreman. I had made it through law school and felt we had secured our future for our children.
In 2020, my family and I moved to Los angles and started a business in the community I had been raised in. We started from scratch. Unfortunately, our journey was cut short by the CZU Fire, and due to the costs of living, we returned to live closer to our aging parents. We settled near Los angles and began a rent to own of 60 acres via owner financing. We knew it was gongs to be our self sufficient, forever, paradise's. We started from scratch on a cliffside, we did the earthwork, the wells, the septic, fuel storages, water filtration, and so much more... but my favorite was our expansive food and resource garden. We built our dream log home kit and were thrilled when we finally moved onto the property. Just six weeks after our move, however, we lost everything in the mosquito fire. We were devastated. We were initially denied by our insurance company, sought help through the CA Insurance Board, and were finally advised to continue our pursuit through the Court. With no financial compensation or help from our insurance, we have struggled severely. We lost everything, and without any help we were rather panicked.
We remained dislocated for several months. Both of our children, both in October, were homeless and surviving in an unrecognizable life as their birthdays came and went, and the holiday season began. The experiences that we all faced during our time dislocated are things I know I cannot erase for them and will be life-long. While in the fire shelters and motels, we learned we were suffering severe identity theft, which made finding a rental feel impossible. Fortunately, we were blessed enough to finally relocate to the home we are in now as starting over freshly. We had lost our business, and due to a lack of reliable transportation, my husband had been unable to continue in his career. We drained every bit of our savings and any retirement accounts and began yo start over from complete scratch. We have no emergency accounts or any access to loan products as we struggle to remove the 600 erroneous inquiries from our credit. We were out of options.
But our fighting spirit prevailed and we have managed to scrape by in our rental home for exactly one year now. Our property managements has been fantastic and understanding when we would be a couple hundred dollars short here and there and knew that we would soon be reviewing an advance of our lawsuit against our insurance company that would allow us to bring any arrears current and finally be back on our feet.
Unfortunately our insurance is strongly fighting fire claims and it now appears that there is a possibility that the settlement would be substantially lower than our already under insurance policy limits outlined. Given the uncertainty, I am no longer eligible for an advance in relation to that case until the time a concrete settlement amount is determined.
We know we would be able to sustain moving forward, and could finally regain our stability and security if we could just dig out of the arrears that had accumulated. We would for once and all be able to start over.
Like I am now, reached out to anyone and everyone I could find online or think of, and in doing so I received a response from Nicole at the SBA. I learned my application with FEMA did not transfer with the SBA to the state program, and helped us to appropriately apply, authorize funds be distributed to our property management, and included the W9 for our landlord.
Unfortunately, it may be too late, because while still awaiting the SBA we have been served and our eviction process has officially begun.
I am beyond terrified! We are unable to afford to relocate. On December 14th I filed a motion to stay the execution of the eviction, but local court rules require rent payment, for each additional day the courts grants us to be paid in advance on the spot, and we have no money to do so.
I have reached out to the County who informed me that we were not eligible for homeless assistance because we has already utilized the one time use relief for motel vouchers while we were initially evacuated. We have contacted local groups and churches and there is no finding available given the time of year, and other times when the budget was not an issue we would not qualify due to the either my husband's projected income of the project that will be staring in the next 2 weeks as he returns to his union career, or due to the lump sum of funds expected from the SBA.
Unfortunately none of those things will arrive soon enough or help us to stop the immediate and traumatic risk of homelessness we are facing. We have no family, its just us, and I know there has to be help out there for people like us but I cannot find it. We are far out of our wheelhouse as we try to find help, and we have worked, so hard, our whole lives to not need to ever become familiar with these resources... It has been beyond humbling.
In the last year at our rental, our children have begun healing, they have made friends and they have shown substantial signs of generally regaining their sense of stability and feelings of security. I just don't know what else I can do to netter the situations in any way that I have not already diligently pursued.
Both of our children initially struggled severely with PTSD and situational depression caused by the evacuation, their losses, but especially the experiences faced during homelessness.
We are in an immediate and desperate need for some help or to be pointed in the right direction or we are facing completely unmitigated homelessness that will devastate all of the healing this far, in able my husband to return to work, or to continue the current path of restabilizing our family.
Any suggestions, advice or assistance that you can provide would be beyond greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time and any consideration to our situation.
Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: We are starting oiver

Post by Admin »

Hello,
Many people need to start over. Sorry to hear that. If starting over, look at our main website for resources....job training, counseling, financial help and so much more. The resources are here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/