Mobile home air conditioner units

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Smoother
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Mobile home air conditioner units

Post by Smoother »

I am 69 years old and will by 70 in September. My Air-conditioner on my mobile home has been dying a long slow death for the last several years, getting gas and new (used) parts from my landlord which I have paid for. However, I do not have the money for a new air conditioner for the mobile home. Last night I ended up in the hospital from the heat, and this is still considered Springtime.
I am asking for help to get a new 3-ton air conditioner installed (even a running used one would be fine), and I will pay for it in monthly payments, I just don't have ready cash for such a huge purchase all at once. If someone would be willing to co-sign a loan with Alabama Power for me, I would make all the payments.
My health is not good, and I spend all my time on my couch with the internet and Netflix. I do not have family near, my sister also has her two grown daughters back home with her, so she is not able to lend me any money at this time. I am in constant pain and suffer from multiple medical conditions, and lack of air conditioning nearly killed me last summer - my little dog went and brought a neighbor back to rouse me and get a fan for me. I also was able to get the gas in my old air-conditioner replaced. Now it is totally out of commission and must be replaced. I have had two written quotes and one verbal one. The written ones are for installation and taxes included for $7,725 and $6,700 and the verbal one was $5,200 but I am not sure if he only meant the equipment or fully installed, and taxes paid.
I have tried to raise loans at my bank for an air conditioner for my mobile home, and been denied, and to all the charities, but their lists are so long for home repairs that they are not accepting any more names until FALL.
I have already gotten a fungal infection from being hot and damp, and nearly got it cleared up, when the A/C went out.
Will you PLEASE help me?
Paul Netherland is the installer who has tried the hardest to get me approved for the equipment via Alabama Power, coordinating with my ex-husband in Arkansas, but we have been rejected, because neither of us has had anything on credit in the last twenty or so years. If we can get someone with good credit to co-sign, I will pay for it out of my social security payment of $936 per month. I own my mobile home, and the lot rent is only $225 per month. Thank you for your consideration.
Lutter

Re: Mobile home air conditioner units

Post by Lutter »

Hello,
I live in las cruces, New Mexico in a mobile home. The air conditioner at my mobile house stopped working and I have found out it needs to be replaced which costs $8,800 for the new unit. My husband and I are struggling financially as he is a student and I am not able to work due to a medical condition. We regularly have 108° plus days for most of the summer and fall months so it is dangerous to my family to live without air conditioning during those months. Are there any programs that will be able to assist us in getting help paying for the new unit for a mobile home?
Thank you, any info is greatly appreciated!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Mobile home air conditioner units

Post by Admin »

There are free home repair programs, including for Mobile homes. Also, since the issue may also involve an air conditioner, look into LIHEAP or weatherization too. There are many programs available. Look here for them, including free home repair grants.