Struggling server

State and local government assistance programs.
Mike O
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Struggling server

Post by Mike O »

Hello, my name is Ryan and to start I live in the city of downtown Denver, Colorado and am a server with a low income. I'm writing this email because I'm having a hard time getting through on the phone when trying to reach some one plus I feel like I can explain my current situation much better and that way there’s less of a chance of misunderstanding, etc.
Sometimes I don't tend to explain things and not really give full detail whether it be my job or the situation I’m in. Anyway, due to some unexpected circumstances and somewhat bad money management, not being prepared for something like this and now I’m here writing this email. So, the whole reason I originally moved out here to Denver from Orlando, FL was for my prior job as a chef & prep cook for The Palms Restaurant. It's a very nice fine dining steak house with an excellent reputation in the food business backed up by some dishes they have on their menu ex.
A porterhouse steak surf and turf with 4lb Nova Scotia lobster. However, after 5 years working for The Palm as a server, this past October I was let go and was unemployed for the first time since 2018 but thankfully it was for a week at most and with the help of a temp agency I went to help find a new job and stable income.
I am now a server at the Convanient Village retirement community in Westminster off 92nd & Wadsworth. I actually enjoy the job and switch from cooking to serving. So, me thinking once I found job security and income stability would be the solution to my issues but if only it was that damn easy. So, I live in a 2 bed apartment in capitol hill which I did split the rent with one roommate what was supposed to be until Jan 31 (end of the month) but my roommate was able to move in his new place early and moved out before Christmas which was no problem as long as last month rent for his half was paid. Well apparently his check he wrote for his half of rent  bounced and no body including me has even been able to reach him since they told me about his rent payment not going through. So basically, when I was working for my last job it was in the heart of downtown and I was making more money hourly. So, at the time moving in capitol hill and paying more for housing then most people just because of the location was convenient and affordable. Now I work in Westminster so the new goal is trying to find a spot over there and hopefully cheaper rent and doesn't require 3 busses to go to work leaving literally 2 1/2 hours early to get to work on time.
So yeah being new to the state, only working as a server who is struggling, with no family here and being slightly very unfamiliar with the area I’m looking to move to, puts more of a challenge on finding a place but its either sink or swim and failure is not an option when it comes to finding stability and the least stressful living arrangement which mainly is having a roof over my head and worrying about no one’s bills but my own until I'm able to provide for someone else. I've never had an eviction on my rental record whether it’s here or Orlando and don't wish to start now I don't think my roommate, well former roommate, realizes how serious an eviction is and how much it can mess future apartment or housing as far as getting approved on your rental application which is not free by the way and usually costs an average of $50.
Anyway, I don't wish to have an eviction on mine starting next month and I do not have the luxury of family assistance as far as help with paying rent and a place to stay if evicted or kicked out, it's just me out here so I need to make things less complicated as possible if possible. So, what I am asking is help with this last month on rent so I can have more money if needed for a down payment on a new place or just help with his half. If I'm not pushing the matter asking, if possible, help with locating affordable housing by or in Westminster but really preventing this eviction and the possibility of being homeless is main priority.
I work 6 days a week now in my server job but I am still struggling, and have very little free time to look much less pack if they told me I had 48 hours to pack up and leave. I finally found a job I enjoy and really love living here in Denver. I have no desire to move back and my plans Where to start at CTU for criminal justice and science until things with housing made me realize it was in my best entrance to wait till the fall semester and get things situated.
Honestly I would problem have to move worst case and I really do not want to return back to Orlando. So, believe me it's not part of my plans and am doing everything from trying to work side jobs for extra $ through the temp agency or applying for loans or assistance to pay this last month rent. My name again is Ryan and my apartment address is Denver, CO. My apartment agency is Brownstone Reality. Sorry to write this 20 page email but please consider I wouldn't be upset if denied but really like the way things are going (new job as a low income server, hours of work, pay, college, really the place I live in general) and am excited what future I have living here. Never have I relied on anyone other than myself but pride put aside with no intentions other than housing but I'm asking for help please.
Barby

Re: Struggling server

Post by Barby »

Hello, my name is Natalie. I live in Queen Creek, AZ, in Pinal County. I am a newly single, working mother of 2 facing eviction from my apartment. I am struggling as my hours were cut as a server and and terrified I could lose my apartment. I work as a server at San Tan Flat, and covid has really taken a toll on my savings and work, as we are only able to open at half capacity. I am unsure where to turn for assistance, I am already 4 days late on rent. I am doing the absolute best I can, and I feel like a failure as a mother right now. I don't know if ai am writing the appropriate email, but I do not live near Casa Grande (which seems to be the office that includes Pinal County). I would appreciate any help or direction. Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Struggling server

Post by Admin »

Hi Natalie,
We have many programs for Pinal County, including financial help or job programs. Maybe you can gain new skills as well while you work as a serve. Look here for help in Pinal County.