Urban League housing reapply

Find how to get help with rent
Brandy
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Urban League housing reapply

Post by Brandy »

I received a rent assistance check from the Indianapolis Urban League back on 12/31/21, check #3373. The rules say it has to be at least 90 from the last check, but it as been much longer than that. It also says not reapply but to stick with the original application number assigned to you. I am in the process of applying for Disability, and I had my interview with them yesterday. They said it could be 3 to 6 months before a decision is made either way. In the meantime, I am humbly begging for your assistance with my rent. My landlord is threatening to sell the home I'm living in if he isn't paid by me or the Urban League, and he means it. He would make a very nice profit if he sold my home now. I have lived here for 6 ½ years and always paid on time until last December, when I ran out of money.
I lost my job at the beginning of the pandemic. The theatre that I worked at had to shut down due to the Governor's order for social distancing. As a result, the theatre had to let go several employees in order for them to save money and stay solvent while the shut-down lasted. I was one of these, despite having seniority over the majority of the employees. When I asked about the possibility of returning, I was told no, that my supervisor would do my work instead. Following this, I nursed my mother until she died from pancreatic cancer. We were all waiting for the COVID vaccine to become available to us. My health has been bad for the last 10 years, 5 of them spent doing weekly shots of interferon to battle melanoma (skin cancer) which made me "have the flu" every weekend. It worked, thankfully, but did have side effects: dulling my memory, arthritis in my spine, hips, knees, and wrists, my thyroid quit working, muscle weakness, and chronic fatigue. I already had a problem with migraine and tension headaches most of my life, and a Spigelian hernia for the last 19 years.
I just need temporary help with housing from the Urban League at the lowest point in my life. I don't have any family or friends that can or will help me.
Most sincerely,
Edwardo

Re: Urban League housing reapply

Post by Edwardo »

Hello my name is Sondra. I tried to return your phone call at the Urban League.
Unfortunately I don't have good service and network where I work. I'm trying to get emergency help with my rent. I had recently went through Impact in Columbus but my address is licking county. All my paperwork and the landlord packet with a voided check was approved and went through just fine except for my location. Impact told me to contact places in licking county. I have and am able to pay May's rent but due to lay offs me and my family are 3 months in the whole and on the verge of homelessness at this time, now my landlord is willing to work with us and any help with housing from the Urban League would be great. I just need the proper support and program to work with. If possible can someone email me back with further steps to this process. Unfortunately due to my mandatory work schedule I'm unable to make verbal contact at this time and am in desperate need of any Urban League housing help. At your earliest convenience could you email me back with information please.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have many Urban League locations listed. Which one are you seeking for housing help? Regardless we have a number of resources listed, and look here for resources for housing from Urban League.
Girl34

Post by Girl34 »

I've been homeless since December 23, 2020. I am currently staying at Miami Rescue Mission as I wait on Urban League Housing. The staffs and social workers who took on my case had promise me a lot of help but none were delivered. I am working but I am not making much money. I've asked for immigration help, but none were given, I've done most of the paperwork to bring my fiancé, Nu, and my newborn daughter, Avaly, to the United States. I have no housing for them and I'm hoping Miami Rescue Mission or the Urban League help me with affordable housing a.s.a.p. Nu's immigration has been approve and she should be here soon and we will be marry within 3 months of the government allotment.
I also went to the clinic and the doctor there told me she would get me the J11 to go to Jackson Hospital to get treatment for my Hepatitis C, it never happen. Since I've been at the Miami Rescue Mission, I have been taunted, harassed, and threatened because I'm the only Vietnamese-American in there and they think they can bully me. I made complaint and attached it below. I need help to get my family here, give my family an opportunity to be happy, and work to pay the rent and other necessities. I just need a little help from the Urban League.
Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since you are in Miami, there are many programs you can try - not just the Urban League. Rent and housing resources are extensive. Find places that help with rent in Miami.
Girl34 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:43 am I've been homeless since December 23, 2020. I am currently staying at Miami Rescue Mission as I wait on Urban League Housing. Since I've been at the Miami Rescue Mission, I have been taunted, harassed, and threatened because I'm the only Vietnamese-American in there and they think they can bully me. I made complaint and attached it below. I need help to get my family here, give my family an opportunity to be happy, and work to pay the rent and other necessities. I just need a little help from the Urban League.
Thank you,