On disability and my husband abused kids

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
Rudys
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

On disability and my husband abused kids

Post by Rudys »

I am a disabled single mother of an 11 year old & a 3 year old. The nightmare began in November 20119 when my ex-husband abused the kids. My 3 year old daughter came home after over 6 months of regular 1 overnight visit each week with her daddy and disclosed to me that her daddy sexually abused her.
She told others and a counselor. Police keep closing the case. Yet, as soon as I filed a REPORT he stopped helping me to support. I've struggled EVERY single month on $825 each month. I owe so many bills and am falling behind on everything. Blue Ridge Electric is my provider. I owe $394.84 on my power bill,  I owe taxes on my home, my washer and dryer bill that's behind,  medical co pay, house supplies,  gas for my vehicle,  pull ups, school expenses,  clothing  and on and on. I am desperate for help. 
I've had to literally get help every month to survive. I am in such financial despair I have anxiety attacks due to the bills and abuse of my kids from my husband. My ex stated that money would walk him to the end of this situation and I should know money wins by now!!!!!! I'm not represented by a lawyer that is concerned with my child's nor my best interest as he failed to inform me of a serious hearing that I located online on the roster. I've looked everywhere for a grant without luck of any kind. I need help so desperately to help with my utilities yes but to help protect my 3 year old daughter. Money must be winning for him. Police do not care at all. If I had a good lawyer things would be different. I was brutally beaten and shot in 1995 where the same law enforcement done nothing at all to protect me. Please help me if at all possible.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: On disability and my husband abused kids

Post by Admin »

So sorry about the abuse - horrible. Be sure to talk to authorities. In the meantime, Society of St. Vincent is often a good resource. They may help you and your two kids. Read more on SVDP assistance programs.
Rudys wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:56 am I am a disabled single mother of an 11 year old & a 3 year old.