Widow seeking home repair help

Find grants and post ways to get grants to help others pay debts, bills, loans, and free money.
Rae Lil Black
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Widow seeking home repair help

Post by Rae Lil Black »

To whom it may concern,
My mom is an Elderly widower who lives on the Southside of Fort Worth. Her home is mortgage free and is in major disrepair. The disrepair affects her declining health, and I am concerned for her; however, I am not able to afford to repair her home and she refuses to move with me. The home is located alongside a railroad track that has an overgrowth of grass, and weeds. When it rains the area routinely floods because of high water. For years I have contacted the City of Fort Worth, to try to obtain assistance for the home repairs. The city has continually redirected me to railroad BNSF stating it is BNSF responsibility. When I contact BNSF, they say it is the responsibility of the City of Fort Worth. Needless to say, my mom hasn't received assistance from anyone. This argument remains unresolved, and my elderly mom needs assistance. Over the years my mom has paid companies like Sears to replace siding and other unscrupulous contractors associated with HUD have taken my mom finances without completing work fully as expected between 1997-1998.
Becky Olivo (News report) Did a story and helped my mom keep her home. One Contractor put her in a financial situation without completing work. There are so many other stories to tell of Contractors taking advantage of my elderly mom, who is a widow, and no improvement just an unhealthy living environment. The home need lots of work done and I was referred to the City's Community development block Grant Program as a possible resource to assist my elderly mom to obtain repairs to make her home livable and meet code. Please direct me to someone who can apprise me of the steps to improve my mom's home. She refuses to move out due to lack of funds and lots of cherished memories. The home has an infestation of bedbugs, fleas, holes in floor, termites, and many other deficiencies that are unhealthy. My mom cannot continue to live in her home. She will become a statistic of homeless. Please contact me concerning my mom to assist or direct us to other available resources to aid in repairing her home to make it livable. PLEASE HELP US
Bosch
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Widow seeking home repair help

Post by Bosch »

Hello my name is Mary James. I am a widow.
I am a low income individual on SSI benefits in Pensacola Florida...I have been needing help with bills, home repairs, etc. I had no where else to turn so I started looking online for support groups and ran across your page...Since hurricane Sally hit our area I have been without a refrigerator amongst other things that are necessary from day to day living.
My privacy fence was also destroyed and I don't have the money or resources as a widow to fix my home or to get a new one.
Can you please help me...I will be more then happy to take pictures of need be or what ever I need to do to receive help...