I am blind in one eye

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
johnson
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

I am blind in one eye

Post by johnson »

Hello~
I'm reaching out to you because I was just informed that your organization may be able to assist people like myself in dire need of financial assistance who are also blind in one eye.
Hi, I'm Shelly and I recently had profoundly serious brain surgery and I'm on Long Term Disability through my job that I may not be able to go back to, as I'm currently blind in one eye. LTD doesn't pay enough and the Department of social services turned me down citing the $942 I receive from the disability people is too much. That is my only income and of course my bills are more than that. Social services says they will provide my rent for January under their 'one shot deal' program.
I'm looking for help with my rent for February and possible March. I applied for SSDI in December and am awaiting approval. This is all I need; I need no food or anything else. My rent is $ 975.00 a month. I reside in an apartment in a private home in Commack.
Any help or suggestions for the blind in 1 eye you have would be greatly appreciated.
My contact Info:
This email
I reside in Commack, AND.Y. 11725
Pantene
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: I am blind in one eye

Post by Pantene »

I'm disabled and have been since 8/3/2017 and I am blind in one eye. I am unable to function as I was before I suffered a TBI that is damage to my frontal cortex for the one eye - now I am blind. I am unable to see properly out of my left eye due to damage, and suffered orbital floor blow out, and a broken xyomatic arch that was surgically repaired on 8/31/2017.
This was the result of a violent criminal attack by my former employer, and the police not arresting him only shows me that depending how good someone lies it is acceptable to deliberately harm others because someone feels like doing so, I hope someone kills his family, and I don't want to be the person that does it. After all they are most likely the reason he was allowed to threaten me with a firearm and break my face and made me blind on one eye.
Also, I have been getting weekly psychological help, and it is paid for through victims of chime. I have been suffering from PTSD for some time, and the visual hallucinations, and tinnitus, quick to anger etc. due to damage to my left eye along with the damage to the frontal cortex are very annoying to where I often have to test to see if things are real and only have my right eye open when doing most things. Today I seen tumbleweeds where there were none, and often see things that are not correct. I am always second guessing what I see, such as a mailbox looking like a short overweight person till I get a better look. Everything that I see that is wrong is either due to the viscus being dislodged in my left eye causing spots to look like other thing or blocking out parts of an image or due to my brain not functioning correctly in the area that is damaged and showing up as white areas where I was hit on an MRI that was done at Loma Linda. took over a year to get even that done.
 I have a problem with Victorville water they are not giving me enough time to pay their demand amount and it is twice what a normal bill is. I have been getting paid $580 every other week by state fund. I have days where I am not able to even spell my last name, and headaches that are so severe that  I can't think or see straight.
Then because of the difficulties of the one eye I have in getting decongestants to keep my frontal sinuses open, the ones above my eyes as I am one of the many  cursed with this problem and others. I have reimbursements for mileage coming in that is a few thousand, and other for small things. I can work with things I did before, but not so much anything new. I can remember passwords, key sequences from things I did 20 years ago, but unable to remember much of anything about anything done two days ago. I can remember a few details about the day before though, such as did I feed the dogs in the evening. I was an engineer and have a worthless master’s degree in electrical engineering. I say worthless as I can't use it or learn new things anywhere close to the way I could before
I am 55 and almost 56, my wife is 63 and disabled. I need help paying bills on time and learning to reprogram my brain to work around the damaged area and the blindness in the one eye, also with paperwork such as being able to put all the papers, mileage, deductions for tools for work, and business, and education that I was taking. so, I can get tax returns filed at least somewhat accurate. I was prior to this running a part time business, working full time, and taking college classes part time. I could remember all the finest details on everything I had worked on and can easily remember quite clearly everything up to about two months of this criminal attack.