Money to rent a bedroom

Find how to get help with rent
Ashley C
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Money to rent a bedroom

Post by Ashley C »

I am in need of help with my bedroom rent payment of $500 this month for a room I have.
I am on SSI due to physical and mental health issues. I lost my place of living on December 10th of 2021. I had thought I found a place to live on December 8th however I paid the soon to be roommate $500 to move in and when I went to move in the next day I was unable to due to the tenant had moved out and took off with my money. Then because of the time of year I was unable to find anything immediately so I spent the next 5 weeks living in hotels and that exhausted savings and plus help from family and friends.
Then on January 9th I had a 200ml red blood cell loss during a plasma donation appointment which deferred me for 8wks from donating plasma. Because of being unable to donate 2xs/week that is a loss of at least $120/wk.
Finally on January 13th of 2022 I was able to find a residence to rent a bedroom and I moved in the he next day. The cost to move in though was the $500a month rent plus a $200 deposit. Luckily the landlord was willing to take the $200 to let me move in and then on January 26th when I received my check from SSI I had to give him the $500 rent. Now rent is due on the 14th and I don't get my next SSI Check until the 23rd. I am hoping to be able to come up with at least half, $250, to give the landlord and hopefully he will wait for the remainder $250 on the 23rd when I get my SSI direct deposit.
I don't know where else to turn to for help.
I hope to find help with this.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Money to rent a bedroom

Post by Admin »

Since you are a single mom who needs housing and rent, look into resources. As we have rent programs, transitional housing, grants and more. Find where and how to get single mom housing assistance.
Ashley C wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:52 am I am in need of help with my bedroom rent payment of $500 this month for a room I have.