Eviction letter never received

Find how to get help with rent
Ford999
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Eviction letter never received

Post by Ford999 »

Hello, my name is Stacie. I have no where to turn and I have no idea if anyone can help me. My landlord claims she evicted me, but I have never been served myself and I never received the eviction letter. The company rental place claims that they have sent sheriff's and letters through the mail which I have never received. I explained that to her and I was told I was wrong. I got caught up in rent. And today as I was leaving for work a unknown mail pulled up to me and asked me if my name was Stacie. I said yes and he continued to hand me a piece of paper I don't know this man I have seen him a few times but we have never spoke until today. He handed me an eviction notice dated on December 13th and there is already a hearing at this time because I never received the papers.
I am beyond worried and frustrated. The lady I speak with her the management company is not friendly. We made a verbal agreement on when I was going to make a payment and she said we will see where you're at on the 17th of January. But again the letter she has sent supposedly for me was sent to the wrong address but I'm in the wrong. I never received the eviction letter, what can I do?
I understand that I am renting so I do owe money to another party, and yes I was behind, but I am now caught up. She is still going to continue to try to evict me and my children, and also mother who has end stage COPD and is not in good health. I don't know what to do I'm trying to reach out to anyone for any kind of assistance or point me in the right direction.
Whether it's helping find another home for me and my family or to help get caught up on the few things that I am behind one not rent so I can try to find a new place. Ever since I lived here terrible things have happened. I'm not familiar with St Joe county or Indiana or South Bend. I moved here from Pennsylvania with my husband at the time in our family. Since then we have divorced and I'm still unfamiliar with the area. I would love to be able to find a place a safe place for me and my two children, my mother who is sick, and help my disabled veteran brother and his 5-year-old daughter. That's all we have here is the six of us nobody else and I'm trying my best to provide for everybody be there physically, mentally, and financially. I am a very decent human being I work in a nursing home, I've had my certification for about 20 years if not longer, I've never been in trouble of my own.
I hate to ask for help because I never had to do it before. So if you were able to do anything or point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate this more than you would ever know. Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,