Broken teeth and on Medicaid

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
JoshDavis
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Broken teeth and on Medicaid

Post by JoshDavis »

I have 9 broken off teeth in my mouth and one molar just cracked this morning exposing the root. I’m in pain everyday and terrified of the dentist. I looked into getting them all pulled and getting dentures, but it’s about the price of a new car… I’m signed up for Medicaid but the place that can do the extractions and dentures don’t take insurance. I spent three hours reading terms of the Medicaid dental and trying to find somewhere that accepts it, I’m so lost and have no idea what to do. No one to help me. I’m not working because I had a baby 18 months ago, and we’re just staying with a relative who just got two knee replacements and can’t help us more financially then they already are. I don’t know what to do to get my broken teeth fixed since Medicaid does not pay, who to ask, where to turn…
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Broken teeth and on Medicaid

Post by Admin »

If you are in pain, and have a root canal, that is an emergency. There are clinics, medical centers, and other places for dental need if you are low income. Learn more on free emergency root canals.
JoshDavis wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:36 am I have 9 broken off teeth in my mouth and one molar just cracked this morning exposing the root. I’m in pain everyday and terrified of the dentist. I looked into getting them all pulled and getting dentures, but it’s about the price of a new car… I’m signed up for Medicaid but the place that can do the extractions and dentures don’t take insurance.
Steve Lehman

Post by Steve Lehman »

I just have a question. I am 47, on Medicaid and lost my teeth due to domestic abuse years ago. I had my top dentures and I fell not long ago. Just blacked out and busted my face an nose pretty bad and now have broken teeth. Whatever I hit broke my plate and cut my mouth all up on the inside. I haven’t got the 350 to replace it. I am disabled because of having several back surgeries and getting ready for my 4th. Is there anyone in my area that could help or what are the resources?
Everyone I’ve called an spoke to can’t help, doesn’t help with this type of thing, or just don’t even know if any suggestions. It affects my everyday life. It’s hard to eat, I can’t go out in public, I only go to the Dr. an grocery store. Literally that’s it. I have no life, broken teeth, no money on Medicaid and my anxiety and no self esteem is so bad as I need dentures for the broken teeth. I get so depressed and down. I feel so alone and like no one would ever look at me again. Or that people laugh when they see me. I just don’t even know where to start.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are dentist, and chains, that take Medicaid patients. Maybe they will offer you income based help too to fix (or address) those broken teeth. The point being having Medicaid insurance does not disqualify you, and look here for dentists to use Medicaid insurance at.