Bartender out of work from COVID

State and local government assistance programs.
Cornhusker
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Bartender out of work from COVID

Post by Cornhusker »

To whom it may concern.
My name is Jennifer Lively. I work as a bartender in San Angelo TX. I was recently unemployed do to COVID-19. The bar/restaurant did not qualify to stay open with Togo options. I have no money coming in and have bills due. I have filed for grants and unemployment - they just have not been approved yet. My rent is $900 and grocery bills are $100 per month. Any help and or assistance that can be provided would be much appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Bartender out of work from COVID

Post by Admin »

Bartenders and service workers have been hit hard by COVID, and too many have had lost their work (like you) or have had their income cut. There are resources for you though, and find them here under Tom Green County Assistance programs.
Cornhusker wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:32 pm To whom it may concern.
My name is Jennifer Lively. I work as a bartender in San Angelo TX. I was recently unemployed do to COVID-19. The bar/restaurant did not qualify to stay open with Togo options. I have no money coming in and have bills due. I have filed for grants and unemployment - they just have not been approved yet. My rent is $900 and grocery bills are $100 per month. Any help and or assistance that can be provided would be much appreciated.
Francheska

Post by Francheska »

To whom it may concern
I am located in Wichita KS
I am inquiring about rent assistance. I have been very ill since with the virus since, January 24 2022 and out of work as a bartend due to COVID illness. At first I wasn't aware of the health crisis that has taken over our world. When I tried to return to work Feb 4 and was not at all well I was sent home and a week later I was let go due to attendance issues, because of the virus and my inability to return to work. Shortly after I became aware that my sickness was part of the epidemic.
Throughout this all I have been seeking employment and have maintained a majority of my bills. Because of the time off between January and April, my full stimulus check was taken and applied to child support payments. Me and my ex-husband split custody with the non-custodial parent paying support, alternating from year to year. I recently started working about two weeks ago and I am planning to get everything back on track but I am desperately seeking any available help as my landlord has filed for eviction.
I am responsible for my nephew who is schizophrenic and unable to work in addition to having no family support at all and not knowing many people from here since I'm from Texas, I have no other options. I have been unable to pay my rent as my bartender salary is gone. I tried to make payments but my landlord refused to take money unless it was the full amount and now that the Kansas eviction freeze is over he has filed for eviction and I received a summons to court regarding eviction on July 8th. I have tried many avenues to no avail. I am at risk of being homeless. I already got a title loan and had to sell my car to survive.
I owe rent for May, June, and July and I am requesting any assistance that may be available to bartenders. I understand that there are many unfortunate families in need. I simply ask that you please consider my request. I fear I will be required to leave, and I have nowhere to go.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are financial aid programs in Wichita. They maybe can provide a few dollars for your rent or bills. Many of them have extra COVID resources for service workers, such as bartenders. Learn more here on financial assistance in Wichita.
Francheska wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:13 am To whom it may concern
I am located in Wichita KS
I am inquiring about rent assistance. I have been very ill since with the virus since, January 24 2022 and out of work as a bartend due to COVID illness. At first I wasn't aware of the health crisis that has taken over our world. When I tried to return to work Feb 4 and was not at all well I was sent home and a week later I was let go due to attendance issues, because of the virus and my inability to return to work. Shortly after I became aware that my sickness was part of the epidemic.