what do do since dental not paid by Medicare

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
Anderson
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

what do do since dental not paid by Medicare

Post by Anderson »

I have already seen these kinds of lists.  They are very bureaucratic.  The bottom line is dental treatment is NOT covered by Medicare, and I have found a slide scale clinic but STILL CANNOT AFFORD $1,000 FOR DENTURES.  I will make sacrifices to pay for the tooth extractions which are $70 each.  
Is there any nonprofit charity that will help me with the $1000 for dentures?  I have studied very thoroughly government agencies which are of no help as Medicare not pay for dental needs.  I also have been trying to find a charity which might help with at least the $1,000 dentures.
THERE ARE NO FREE DENTAL CLINICS IN MARYLAND, AT BEST, YOU GET A SLIDE SCALE.  I DO NOT HAVE A THOUSAND DOLLARS FOR DENTURES.
CAN YOU HELP ME WITH THIS SPECIFIC QUESTION?
NikkiS

Re: what do do since dental not paid by Medicare

Post by NikkiS »

Hello,
I have tried every agency and referral I have been given for dentures. I’m in need of financial assistance for ongoing dental, need oral surgery and dentures, which are not covered by Medicare or Medical without some money being paid.
I’m 67 years old, divorced, no siblings or children to ask for support. I receive $781 SS,
$236 SSI, Snap benefits. I have Medicare and also Medical. I barely pay my living costs, rent, auto bills, and other costs with not one cent extra for emergencies. No agency covers dentures without some large copay. I cannot do that. Due to Covid and lack of professionals that donate services they are not accepting any new patients.
The effect of no dentures this has on my health, cannot eat properly and my mental self esteem is having a huge effect on my total well being. I'm becoming very depressed, less active due to pain from infections and how I look with no smile.
I've done all I can do without Medicare helping to pay for dentures. Covid has everyone to be overloaded at this time. Please help. In any way possible.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: what do do since dental not paid by Medicare

Post by Admin »

It is a shame that Medicare does not pay dental. Hopefully that will change at some point in the future, but of course that does not help you right now. Try a free dental clinic.
Maybe they can arrange the care you need.