Ramp for the disabled

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
Joanne
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Ramp for the disabled

Post by Joanne »

Dear friends, on this cold Wisconsin spring day, I take this opportunity to ask for your help. I am the mother of five and a certified teacher, who can no longer work, due to a brain tumor and subsequent surgeries and health issues.
I am blind in one eye and have very limited mobility and stamina.
I currently have a mobile chair, but cannot afford the portable folding ramp I would need to exit the home with it, take a short stroll (or ride) around the block. I also could not get it in my son’s car, as it weighs over a couple of hundred pounds.
I am fortunate to live in my son’s home, in that I cannot live alone. Unable to drive, I rely on him to bring me to my numerous appointments, in a very old car in desperate need of expensive maintenance. The ramp for the wheelchair would really help. I am in no position to help him financially, I am on SSD. He is a student.
I am asking if I could get some assistance with these problems this one time. I would be extremely grateful. Best regards,
Flow

Re: Ramp for the disabled

Post by Flow »

Hi, I am a single disabled woman who has several life threatening illnesses and I need a ramp for my house. I have breast and ovarian cancer, congestive heart failure, RSD an autoimmune disease and suffered a stroke after hemorrhaging after a gallbladder surgery when the surgeon cut my liver. I really need your help. I have a 16 year water heater that doesn't work anymore. It has no pressure and no hot water. It's been difficult taking cold showers. The pilot light is lit it just is old and full of calcium, it is 16 years old. I had pneumonia and had to take cold showers. I need your help for the home issues and ramp. Blessings,
acampbell

Post by acampbell »

Hi, my name is Lindsay A. Hickman I have a family of 5 2 of which are elderly, 1 that is bed ridden and a 7-year-old child. We need a new home with a ramp for the disabled. My husband and myself as well. We are in dire need of help as of latter tonight we will all be on the street with no were to go. We have been looking for a house that will fit our needs (with a disability ramp) but have had no luck do to the fact that we fall right under the amount needed to be made each month and the expenses of getting into to one. This is an emergency I have tried so much and don't nowhere else to go or who else to turn to please get back with me asap. Please I can be reached at, thank you so much.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you are single and disabled, there may be some free government home repairs. Or look into a volunteer agency like Habitat for Humanity. Also look into any insurance claims against the surgeon if they really damaged/hurt you.
Flow wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:32 am Hi, I am a single disabled woman who has several life threatening illnesses and I need a ramp for my house. I have breast and ovarian cancer, congestive heart failure, RSD an autoimmune disease and suffered a stroke after hemorrhaging after a gallbladder surgery when the surgeon cut my liver. I really need your help.
Krista

Post by Krista »

Hi, I was wondering if you have any programs for disabled ramp for access. I'm currently on survivor benefits. I'm below the poverty level and need some work on my 2009 Toyota carolla as well as a ramp to get in and out of the car and house. I get $966 a month, my husband died last April. He did the majority of work needed. Now I'm stuck without the money to fix an issue, I have no credit cards due to a foreclosure. I'm hoping you can point me in the direction of anything available to help me out. I have pins, plates, and screws in my ankle, and public transportation is too far for me to walk so the ramp for my disability would be best. Thanks for any help you can provide. My current inspection sticker expired and I need to fix the heat shield. Sincerely, Donna
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi Donna,
If you need a ramp for your Toyota, try an agency on aging center/senior assistance program. As there are many, especially for those below the poverty line. Locate them here, including assistance for seniors with a disability. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... grams.html
Krista wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:47 am Hi, I was wondering if you have any programs for disabled ramp for access. I'm currently on survivor benefits. I'm below the poverty level and need some work on my 2009 Toyota carolla as well as a ramp to get in and out of the car and house.