light bill the amount is $212.98

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
EmilyfromNJ
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

light bill the amount is $212.98

Post by EmilyfromNJ »

I am a single mom who is in need of assistance with a light bill the amount is $212.98. Sadly the cut off date is tomorrow.I live in monroe,NC. My employment and job has laid me off. I have no support and need help to keep the pwoer on and my family fed. Please help me with this light bill
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: light bill the amount is $212.98

Post by Admin »

Do you have Progress Energy or Duke for your power bills? Which utility company serves Monroe NC? Duke Power, phone 1-800-777-9898, offers Share the Warmth, which is a heating bill assistance program, and they also offer a Cooling Bill Assistance Program as well as free fans.

Progress Energy Carolinas runs the Energy Neighbor Fund, which provides cash assistance for paying heating and energy bills. This program is funded by local donations. 1-800-452-2777

http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _prog.html
HeadofFamily

Post by HeadofFamily »

I need help paying my light bill of over $200. It is due Monday. I have no other way to come you with the money. I have 3 small children at home and live with my mother in law who has cancer. Me and my children just moved to Los Fresno Texas from Houston 2 months ago. I’m asking for help please! I also have a water bill of $90 but I need help paying my light bill of $88. It is due Monday. I have no other way to come you with the money.
I have 3 small children at home and live with my mother in law who has cancer. Me and my children just moved to Los Fresno Texas from Houston 2 months ago. I’m asking for help please! I also have a water bill of $90 but I am mainly worried about the lights right now. Please email back and thank you.
I am mainly worried about the lights right now. Please email back and thank you.
Cream

Post by Cream »

My name is Stepheny. I'm looking for assistance in the above listed areas of light bill, which is around $200 each month. I've applied through public assistance, since July and to date the application has stalled. I submitted the necessary documents, I've had my phone interview with a worker and nothing. My light and gas are scheduled to turn off. My lights is what heats my house and hot water, so as it starts to get cooler I worry.
I have a son who's attending a private school, since he started I've tried to get assistance, sponsorship anything, through my council members, Senate, the board of education, they have tuition help for students attending NYC Catholic schools but NOTHING for Long Island which to my knowledge is STILL part of NY.
I'm looking for work, have been on Workers Comp since 2017 did to multiple surgeries due to an on the job injury. Then COVID now nothing.
I'm begging for any help I can get with my current $200 light bill and future ones.
Please please please, I appreciate your help in advance.
Stepheny
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi Stepheny,
Writing to a senator is NY is not going to do anything. Sorry. If you really think they will read it good luck. You need to apply (like everyone else) for utility help from HEAP and other agencies in New York. But look here for light bill assistance and HEAP in NYS. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... ing_a.html
Cream wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:42 am I have a son who's attending a private school, since he started I've tried to get assistance, sponsorship anything, through my council members, Senate, the board of education, they have tuition help for students attending NYC Catholic schools but NOTHING for Long Island which to my knowledge is STILL part of NY.
I'm looking for work, have been on Workers Comp since 2017 did to multiple surgeries due to an on the job injury. Then COVID now nothing.
I'm begging for any help I can get with my current $200 light bill and future ones.
Please please please, I appreciate your help in advance.
Stepheny