rent help in Brooklyn NY

Find how to get help with rent
ted14
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

rent help in Brooklyn NY

Post by ted14 »

I am a severely depressed senior in dire need of
rental assistance!!!I receive SS,but trying to keep up with my other bills caused me to fall a month behind,and I am now owing $1,700!!! in rent, and $700 in light bill.I received help from the social services and catholic charities only six months ago, and now I am in dire straits again!!! Please help me to just come from under this and get on my feet again,please! I live in Brooklyn,New York.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: rent help in Brooklyn NY

Post by Admin »

If you already received help once it may be difficult to go back to these places for more. But you can try. Other options in Brooklyn include the local community action type agency, which is Department of Youth and Community Development (DYCD - NYC). Phone is (212) 442-6015. they may have aid, or can refer you to other nearby places. Below is information on various NY state assistance, and rent programs.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html

Do you have Consolidated Edison as power company? If so, try this program. Arrears Avoidance Program. This will help qualified low and moderate income utility company customers are eligible to receive a $200 free cash grant towards paying their utility and heating bills provided the customer stays current with and maintains a deferred payment agreement with specified terms and they stay with it.
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

I live in a senior citizen facility in Brooklyn, where I pay $518.00 to cover rent and utilities. I lost my employment 2 weeks ago, and am unable to pay my rent for Jan., and I need help. I have an interview mid Jan. but by then I will be evicted for non-payment of rent. This is a temporary request. Thanks for any direction or assistance you may be able to provide.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

File for unemployment. That rent is so low for Brooklyn you need to keep it and do not want to be evicted. It must be a rent controlled apartment. Find our listing of NYC rental assistance programs and organizations to call for funds and advice.
Jonathan wrote:I live in a senior citizen facility in Brooklyn, where I pay $518.00 to cover rent and utilities. I lost my employment 2 weeks ago, and am unable to pay my rent for Jan., and I need help. I have an interview mid Jan. but by then I will be evicted for non-payment of rent. This is a temporary request. Thanks for any direction or assistance you may be able to provide.
Santa1912

Post by Santa1912 »

I need help with first month rent and security. I live in Brooklyn with a brain tumor and two of my kids are disabled we are a family of 6. I have section 8 but they don't pay 1st month rents or security. I already moved to Brooklyn NY and I owe my landlord 2,200 in rent and deposit.
If you can help I would appreciate. I get SSI just gets me by and nothing has to go in my name it can go straight to the landlord.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The community housing organization in Brooklyn is one option. They may offer direct rent help or give referrals or suggestion to you. Also try the One Shop deal. But some programs and agencies are here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... g_and.html