Hard to find job with hours and needing to be home for kids

State and local government assistance programs.
MarryM
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Hard to find job with hours and needing to be home for kids

Post by MarryM »

I received this in the mail today. I am currently, unemployed with a 17 month old, and a 13 year old, also my Grandmother lives with me. I have been looking for work, but I can only work when my 13 year old is in school. I have to drive her to and from school, and I have to be here with the baby at night.
Not a lot of places want to work with you on hours. They want you whenever they call. My 13 year old has ADHD, and sometimes it's really hard for her in school, and has problems, I have to be there when the school calls. Most employers don't want to understand and don't care if you leave early from work because your daughter needs you, and the school calls. They will let you go, I have been depending on child support.
But needless to say, the father don't care and lives his life without worrying about the needs of the child. I have been doing what I can, side jobs anything that I see pop up. That I'm able to do I do. Just right now, I just really need just a little help. I never had to ask for help before I have always done it on my own.
I don't know where to ask, or what to do, what I would need to get some help. I haven't been in the predicament before. So I need some information on how to get some help with paying my electric bill. I can't have it turned off, not with my daughter's, and my grandmother. If it was just me, I would go without until I was able to do it myself. I just don't want them going without. I love my family and I would do anything and everything to keep the healthy and safe. Anyways thank you so much for your time, and reading my ramblings. I just don't know where to turn, and a lot of stress. Letting it out a little here. Thanks again.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Hard to find job with hours and needing to be home for kids

Post by Admin »

Since you have kids at home that are learning remotely, and need the internet, and use also want to work with certain hours from home (and you need access too), there are some government internet programs you can apply too. Seems like your low-income and household size will qualify you. Locate internet programs paid for using government assistance.