in need of assistance bad!!!!!!!

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
singleparent2
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

in need of assistance bad!!!!!!!

Post by singleparent2 »

please help! electric has been shut off for almost 2 weeks. it is muggy and I have 2 children. cant cook on the stove and cant watch television, no airconditioning. my bill is now 1300.00. my apartment is in someone else name and my children are on the lease. they are under 18. I went to the social service agency in prince georges county and they told me that they can only help the person who the bill name is in. well she has her own apartment in maryland and said she is receiving help already thru social services. any advice and or monetary help you can give. my children are suffering and they keep saying that they are hungry. the refrigerator is off so i cant put any food in there. I dont have any money and no car. I dont even have money to try and buy a fan.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: in need of assistance bad!!!!!!!

Post by Admin »

Some programs in Maryland include
Fuel Fund of Maryland, Inc. - The Fuel Fund program helps customers and people in the state that use oil or other fuel sources.
The Victorine Q. Adams Fuel Fund - This organization will pay up to $125 to families who are facing utlity service shut-offs, provides utility credits toward arrearages and in addition it also operates an emergency oil program, which provides 100 up to gallons of oheating il to eligible families at very low cost. 410-396-4433

Also call the local community action agency, United Communities Against Poverty, Inc. (UCAP). they usually have energy assistance programs. (301) 322-5700
What is your utility company?