Resources needed in Utah

State and local government assistance programs.
ShannonS
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Resources needed in Utah

Post by ShannonS »

I have a friend who is in a huge mess right now and I don't know what kind of advice to offer her (if there is any). She's a human factors engineer and has been having trouble getting a job for nearly two years. It is becoming a huge problem because she has no place to live, has two cats, and just lost the job she DID get after only having been there for 6 weeks.
She was intending to move to her own place this weekend, but with the news of the end of her position she is essentially homeless. I let her stay with me for a little while, but my lease prohibits further occupancy and absolutely prohibits cats (plus it is causing relationship problems between me and my husband). She had another friend watching her cats, but that person has since refused to watch them any longer. She does not have any family that she can rely on, and no other friends are stepping up to help her.
Technically I think her residency is in Utah (where she was staying with her Aunt until being forced to leave) and that creates other problems. She does not intend to return to Utah and was trying to make her home in Maryland (where she was BEFORE moving to Utah and back). If there is ANY kind of advice you can give me it would be most helpful.
I am at a complete loss as to what she could do or what I might be able to help with. I can barely afford MY place, let alone having her in it. I cannot afford to help her any more but I don't want to be the person putting her on the street either.
Thank you for any information you can give.