Scammed on my mortgage

Find mortgage help and stop foreclosure.
Mrs.Frazier
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Scammed on my mortgage

Post by Mrs.Frazier »

I'm am in foreclosure due to a scam that a lawyer did to me. I also just lost my job and can not find one at this time. I am in need of money to pay bills or my mortgage, and to find a new place to live. I'm a father of 2 and have a wife as well. My medical bills are a lot for my medication I need every month as well. Thank you very much.
BeckyG
anti spam: Blue

Re: Scammed on my mortgage

Post by BeckyG »

My husband's is the owner of a home in Concord, NC 28027. He has been unemployed since mid-march of this year and has exhausted all unemployment funds. My husband and I are no long living together and because of my two children, I am unable to assist with his mortgage and keep him from losing his home.
He applied once before with the NC Housing Finance Agency and was told that because he's received help before that he could not get help again though he desperately needs it. Would you please contact him and advise what options he has to help with his mortgage so that he does not lose his home and end up homeless with nowhere to go. The interest rate was so high it almost sems like the bank ran a scam on him when issuing the mortgage.
He is actively seeking employment and again, due to irreconcilable differences, I am no longer in the home. He is the only owner on the mortgage, therefore this is his property. Please help him alleviate some stress by assisting with his home. It would be greatly appreciated. Also, his mortgage is through Wells Fargo.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We are sorry to hear that. It is horrible. But we have tips and suggestions on how to prevent and identify scams.
Once one hits you though, it is tough. Call the police. Report it. Contact a HUD housing agency for advise too with your mortgage. Talk to an attorney. Do what you can to solve this scam on your mortgage.
Lance12

Post by Lance12 »

Hi. My private mortgage lender seems to be a scam. They're charging me for insurance and escrow which my first mortgage covers. I pay them on time but they still charge me for late fees. I have not been able to add money to the principal for years, been paying interest only. Now I want to refinance and the private lender has decided to charge an extra 5k on my account. I have had about 4 lawyers in total and none of them seem to be able to get this lender to correct simple errors. I've filed complaints with various agencies with no results. Can a second mortgage have higher interest than the first mortgage? Can a private lender charge me for insurance and escrow even though my first mortgage covers that? Or is it really a version of a mortgage scam? I provide all the proof, but it seems this company is above the law. I am desperate so any advice is better than none.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

One place to try, that is great in dealing with scams, is the Catholic Charities mortgage and housing agencies.
They can address principal needs, help with interest only scams, and other mortgage issues. Catholic Charities offers many housing programs.
Lance12 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:28 am Hi. My private mortgage lender seems to be a scam. They're charging me for insurance and escrow which my first mortgage covers. I pay them on time but they still charge me for late fees. I have not been able to add money to the principal for years, been paying interest only. Now I want to refinance and the private lender has decided to charge an extra 5k on my account.