2 months rent due

Find how to get help with rent
Passion
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

2 months rent due

Post by Passion »

My family and I are in need of help with 2 months back rent For the months of April and May I work full time making $13.50 an hour. I have a $100+ garnishment coming out my check every week for the past year.
My husband has just started work for about a week and a half making $8.50 an hour. We are struggling right now. My husband will be attending truck driving school, hopefully with the help of a grant, in the beginning of next year. So our struggle is temporary.
We just need help over this hump. Our rent is $1100.00 a month. Up until the past 2 months, we've managed. My husband was a driver/loader for United Moving. He was fired in September. Our utilities has been shut off a few times. With having such good friends, we been able to keep them on. But with Christmas quickly approaching, I would prefer my family not be evicted out on the streets.
I've called for rent assistance from my local agencies but they have no funding in my area. We're looking for 2 month rent to help us out this tough situation. If you can help, please call.
We have 4 boys. We live in Jackson, Mississippi. Our land lady has been patient with us but 2 months is a lot to ask. Please see what you can do to help us. You may contact me by phone or email.
SteveKerr
anti spam: Blue

Re: 2 months rent due

Post by SteveKerr »

My name is Ashley, I am currently two months behind on my rent, December will make month 3. I am a single mother of two children ages 4 & 2. My husband and I have been separated since April. He was helping me with bills until August when he was put on child support. I am currently getting work first/TANF which is $257 a month. My rent is $725 a month.
I have been accepted into the section 8 housing voucher program, but being that I am behind on rent right now my landlord will not fill out the paperwork until I can get those 2 months of rent paid. I have reached out to Salvation Army, social services, United way, catholic charities, I’ve left voicemails and the ones I have spoken to don’t have the resources. I have attached a letter from my landlord stating how much I am behind, which is the full 2 months.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: 2 months rent due

Post by Admin »

There are rent assistance programs in Mississippi, including Jackson. But with 4 kids, and your limited income, your situation is unsustainable so you need to take some different actions for your long term housing. Anyhow, look here for rental assistance from organizations in MS.
Passion wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 10:58 am We have 4 boys. We live in Jackson, Mississippi. Our land lady has been patient with us but 2 months is a lot to ask. Please see what you can do to help us. You may contact me by phone or email.