would prefer the help of an opportunity.

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
triccshot
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

would prefer the help of an opportunity.

Post by triccshot »

I am a 34 year old legally blind ex-felon who made a mistake in childhood that I spent 13 years of my life paying for. I was released in 2007 and started my new life from a homeless shelter. I was blessed to quickly find a decent job, and acquire my own place. In 2008 I lost most of my sight to a genetic eye disease. I was determined legally blind and began receiving ssi. I was also blessed with a son whom I have custody of and am raising alone. I have been struggling and scraping to make it since then. And for the most part, have just managed to keep my head above water. But now the struggle is overtaking me. I am a client of Dars and hope to be enrolled in college next month. However, I've received disconnection notices for my utilities. I am able to pay my rent, but the utilities are a different matter. I,ve tried every church and assistance center here in mckinneyTexas, but have been told that either the places are out of funds or that they dont service my area or that they dont deal with my electricity company (Greenmountainenergy) I paid them 273.00 on my bill, but they told me I have to pay the full amount to keep my service and the bill is 805.00 (- the 273) I have no problem going w/o lights but I have my son here. I said all that to say, that i would appreciate any financial help. but the service I truly need is a job so that I can pay my own bills. I've tried many of the links I,ve seen here but am not getting any doors open .And my history combined with my vision problems makes my application a throw away to most hirers. So if you could help me to help myself it would be a greater help than any money you could give me. Thank you. feel free to email me if you have any suggestions. Or call me at 9723020551. Thank you!
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: would prefer the help of an opportunity.

Post by Admin »

Hi, Here are a few resources to try. The local community action agency is Community Services, Inc. Phone is (903) 872-2401
Also, the Texas Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program (CEAP) heating and cooling bill home energy assistance. Learn more about this program at (877) 399-8939.
triccshot wrote:I am a 34 year old legally blind ex-felon who made a mistake in childhood that I spent 13 years of my life paying for. I was released in 2007 and started my new life from a homeless shelter. I was blessed to quickly find a decent job, and acquire my own place. In 2008 I lost most of my sight to a genetic eye disease. I was determined legally blind and began receiving ssi. I was also blessed with a son whom I have custody of and am raising alone. I have been struggling and scraping to make it since then. And for the most part, have just managed to keep my head above water. But now the struggle is overtaking me. I am a client of Dars and hope to be enrolled in college next month. However, I've received disconnection notices for my utilities. I am able to pay my rent, but the utilities are a different matter. I,ve tried every church and assistance center here in mckinneyTexas, but have been told that either the places are out of funds or that they dont service my area or that they dont deal with my electricity company (Greenmountainenergy) I paid them 273.00 on my bill, but they told me I have to pay the full amount to keep my service and the bill is 805.00 (- the 273) I have no problem going w/o lights but I have my son here. I said all that to say, that i would appreciate any financial help. but the service I truly need is a job so that I can pay my own bills. I've tried many of the links I,ve seen here but am not getting any doors open .And my history combined with my vision problems makes my application a throw away to most hirers. So if you could help me to help myself it would be a greater help than any money you could give me. Thank you. feel free to email me if you have any suggestions. Or call me at 9723020551. Thank you!