Long drawn out SSDI application and unemployed

State and local government assistance programs.
Tabitha
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Long drawn out SSDI application and unemployed

Post by Tabitha »

I'm in the long process of getting SSDI, I was denied, then I appealed and was denied at that level as well. My attorney filed for a dispute, I guess you'd call it, not sure. So I really need help.
I've been unemployed since December 2013. I am currently living in my sister's basement, I don't know how to get assistance, if there is any, while I wait? I suffer from physical and mental health illnesses.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Long drawn out SSDI application and unemployed

Post by Admin »

If the SSDI application is taking time, you can apply for emergency financial aid. But in general the process does take months...if not years. Most people are rejected. But instead of living in a basement, use this for information on emergency help while processing disability.
Tabitha wrote:I'm in the long process of getting SSDI, I was denied, then I appealed and was denied at that level as well. My attorney filed for a dispute, I guess you'd call it, not sure. So I really need help.
I've been unemployed since December 2013. I am currently living in my sister's basement, I don't know how to get assistance, if there is any, while I wait? I suffer from physical and mental health illnesses.
Maxie Mac

Post by Maxie Mac »

I am requesting information and or applications to help me obtain financial assistance with paying my monthly bill's, and quarterly water bill. My husband has filed for social security disability and until he is granted benefits the only income we have is my Social Security disability (SSDI) and the amount of $1400 per month that does not pay the mortgage and all the other bills we have per month. Any assistance that you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If the process is long and difficult (which it is), then try asking for professional help. Use a contingent type advocate...meaning they only get paid if they help you. There is more information on our site. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... y_adv.html