Bill for a utility cooperative

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Low income person
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Bill for a utility cooperative

Post by Low income person »

I will try to make my back story short. My husband decided the week before his 62nd birthday that he was going to retire. We were not prepared, he had not applied for his social security until I helped him do an online application and he should begin to receive a check for 896 the beginning of January.
My mother in law also has over with us since she broke her hip a couple of years ago and I care for her, she receives a check on the third of the month. Our power was shut off from our local cooperative last Friday, my husband suffered a stroke the next morning, he has refused medical help. His mother is 88 and suffers from several maladies which she receives medical care for, one of which is dementia.
We won’t be able to have the money for several more days and I had an own health issues including a heart issue that are being put on hold until I can get this under control. We use Cullman electric cooperative. Can somebody please help me?
Peter Sorokaput
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Bill for a utility cooperative

Post by Peter Sorokaput »

Hi, I live in North Richland Hills, Texas and I had a couple of questions. I was looking through different services and I don't think I ever saw my county or any of my utility companies for the cooperative that covers my town. What does that mean? Was i in the wrong place? Should I just hop to the next county over?
So, I have never qualified for any type of government programs, legal aid, or government assistance of any kind from my utility cooperative. It's typically because I make too much. I don't know what to do because I'm in the middle of an impossible situation at the moment. I'm a travel nurse and we typically take contracts that are 13 weeks long. The last contract I had, for a month solid, they kept telling me they didn't need me that day until they ended up canceling my contract all together. So, I have not had a paycheck since the beginning of August. When you travel you know things like that are a risk and you prepare for it, I wasn't worried.
Before I could pick up another contract, I fell off a step ladder and broke my arm, which instantly took me out of work for six weeks. I can't get unemployment because I'm injured and that's the reason I'm not working, I can't pay rent, my water has already been turned off, my insurance is about to drop, I'm trying to ration out my food and medicine the best way that I can, I have $200 to my name and at a minimum, I have four weeks left to see if I can be medically cleared to go back to work.
I guess my question is do circumstances factor in at all or am I always going to be denied help with the bills from my utility cooperative because I make too much? I'm really not trying to be difficult, I just don't want to go on a mission to find all the programs I can if I'm just going to be denied as soon as I answer the annual income.