I am disabled and living on SSDI in Massachusetts

State and local government assistance programs.
Lifestyle
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

I am disabled and living on SSDI in Massachusetts

Post by Lifestyle »

I live at Peabody, MA. I 45 years old and I am on disability. I have MS and depression. So I cannot work. I do receive SSDI and food stamps but I have a 5 year old and I can barely make it each month.
I met a woman and my puppy ran up to her and she invited my dog and myself to visit anytime. I am sorry I forgot her name but she was very kind. She said she worked for NASCAP so I looked it up and found this. I did not know what NASCAP was but after reading this Web page maybe you could help me... sincerely.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: I am disabled and living on SSDI in Massachusetts

Post by Admin »

Sorry, but we have no idea who the lady is. But we have tons of information on the various agencies in Massachusetts that are involved in running their disability programs. They are listed here.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... benef.html
You can dial around to the agencies, including NASCAP, and maybe ask for her. But we can't do that for you. Sorry.
Sushi

Re: I am disabled and living on SSDI in Massachusetts

Post by Sushi »

I am a single mom with 4 kids. My 13 year old son is severely disabled and medically fragile. I lost my home in Massachusetts several years ago. I was homeless and my parents took us in temporarily. I have no income, I am my sons 24/7 caregiver. The only income that I have is child support which is paid infrequently by my ex's boss.
To stay here in this house I have to pay rent, and the SSDI mostly covers it. The rent is $2500.00 per month plus utilities - electric, propane, center's insurance, cable, our cell phones and vehicle insurance and upkeep. My parents are moving soon due to my mother's health issues. The house has handicap accessibility, room, yard, on pond. The house also needs work, most importantly the roof. Are there any programs out there that could help me?