Apply for section 8 for an emergency

Find how to get help with rent
Closedcaption
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Apply for section 8 for an emergency

Post by Closedcaption »

I am in a domestic violence situation. The kind of abuse towards me was: physical, emotional, economical. I have the three boys ages 14, 12, and 2. The youngest is his son. The abuser is moving out tonight. I have been an at home mom for three years. He has ruined my credit, took the van, shut off internet (I am lucky to have data on my phone), left me with no money, no way go pay for bills.
I need emergency section 8. The landlord is willing to sign whatever form is needed. My children are starting school in a couple of weeks. I need help with getting them school supplies, school clothes, and some counseling, to help with the change and how to adjust. Please help me with leading me and my family in the right direction to apply for section 8 in our crisis.
Thank you.
Gail

Re: Apply for section 8 for an emergency

Post by Gail »

I am currently looking for emergency housing, for my wife and daughter who just graduated High School. I am currently receiving SSD and have applied for Section 8 voucher. My situation is we live from house to house looking for shelter but cannot seem to receive the help we need for an apartment.
I would like a stable home for my family and my daughter who is beginning college this fall. Any suggestions or help? Any information would be gladly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Section 8 is not an emergency program. It often takes years to get help or into housing. But if you are disabled you may get some priority on the list.
We do have some other options though, and they are listed here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html
mentalhealthday

Post by mentalhealthday »

There is no such thing. There's emergency housing vouchers for homeless, at risk of homelessness and victims of domestic violence. The vouchers are similar to Section 8 with some benefit variations.
My concern is: using "Section 8" by reference makes it seem as if people on waiting lists and those waiting for lists to open, might feel excluded or purposely denied. It could lead to questions about fair housing, discrimination and civil rights.
Then, it makes it seem as if anyone can request a Section 8 voucher, claiming a housing emergency. It sort of raises hopes.
The Emergency Housing Voucher is a grand initiative to move 600,000 homeless human beings into housing, since it's becoming a critical societal problem . . . With that said, please try to differentiate between the EHV and section 8. They are operated both similarly and differently
Thank you for your time.
Mr. Seltzer

Post by Mr. Seltzer »

Hi,
I am inquiring emergency rental assistance urgently. I am a domestic violence victim in the state of Jacksonville Florida and need emergency section 8. I have fled to the state of New Jersey to escape the danger I am in. I applied for victim of crime compensation in the state of New Jersey. However, I was denied due to the fact the incidents did not occur in the state of New Jersey and was informed I must apply for assistance in Florida state. I have have had a temporary stay in a woman’s awareness shelter because I have nowhere to go and I fear for my life.
It has been so difficult to find a safe place to live, so hoping if I apply for emergency section 8 that will help. Fortunately I found an apartment and have just 3 days to come up with a security deposit. Due to my situation I am in urgent need of assistance to pay for first month rent and security to start a new life in a safe environment. Please consider my request for I am in desperate need of your assistance.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are various emergency section 8 programs for each state and local housing authority. They are all part of HUD vouchers ("section 8").
These will of course be income based apartments and properties that the low-income, working poor and others may be able to benefit from. Get details on section 8 vouchers for an emergency.