Senior citizen on fixed income in West Virginia

State and local government assistance programs.
NelsonD
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Senior citizen on fixed income in West Virginia

Post by NelsonD »

I live in Hampton, Virginia. I am a senior age 65. I have fixed income. I am a renter and pay all of the utilities. The water bill was very high so a person from the waterworks came out and re-read the meter. Next an inspection was performed and the suggested repair was done. Still there was a leak. Another repair was done and the bill is still very high. The owner of the property paid for the suggested repairs. I have a statement for the first repair and a copy of the receipt for the second one.
Wando
anti spam: Blue

Re: Senior citizen on fixed income in West Virginia

Post by Wando »

I went back on that link for help paying your bills for West Virginia! I assume it is for west Virginia and can help a senior on fixed income. It mentions a DHS and a JARC to refer to! But when I tap on the sections that say resources, applications or even grants to apply for it just takes me in circles! The one grant I did apply for in WV for a senior on fixed income and put all my information on the application for the grant for extra money to help it asked for $29.99 to pay for it! I do not have $29.99!!
And it won't take me to the DHS or JARC website for any more further information or even no phone numbers for me to call!! I even went to the 211 phone number and she didn't find any information on agencies or what not that helps with repairs to my vehicle for me to sign up for at all!! And I just called the United Way and she said the 211 is the only number to call that has all the resources listed for any kind of assistance for elderly people who have a limited, fixed income!! I find it hard to believe that there is no on in the state of West Virginia listed for help with repairs to my vehicle!! And I desperately need help with getting my car fixed to be inspected this month before it expires at the end of the month!! So any help would be greatly appreciated!!?? I have no one else to ask! Thank You
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We will send the link again. Please read it. As the page says, find programs by county, statewide in WV etc. You need to read. We have phone numbers all over the site for help, including for senior citizens. Find assistance in WV here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... progr.html
Wando wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:54 am I went back on that link for help paying your bills for West Virginia! I assume it is for west Virginia and can help a senior on fixed income. It mentions a DHS and a JARC to refer to! But when I tap on the sections that say resources, applications or even grants to apply for it just takes me in circles!
NinaSky

Post by NinaSky »

To Whom it May Concern,
Regarding the information that your office provided me with previously, I have contacted all who I thought might help a senior in a hardship here in West Virginia. Unfortunately, their focus is on financial hardships created by the pandemic, or a sudden financial emergency such as a boiler breaking down. No one has any provision or concern for senior citizens whose limited incomes have been severely impacted by the higher cost of living such as food costs, bill increases and rental cost increases. I haven't received an eviction notice yet, but it's sure to come any day! I will be applying for help with the Community Action Partnership in West Virginia, but my interview with them isn't until near the end of the month.
If I could come out of my retirement and go back to work even part-time, I would but it's not that easy. I'm having such neurological difficulties due to a blow to my head some months ago. I'm at the end of my rope as a senior citizen living on a fixed income.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

In addition to the local financial assistance programs referenced in this post, also try an Agency on Aging center in WV. They of course focus on helping senior citizens, the elderly and older adults with basic needs. There are many in the state, and look here for senior help in WV.