Waiting list for HUD backed up, if not closed

The main NHPB site has more information on local rent assistance programs.
Manzel
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Waiting list for HUD backed up, if not closed

Post by Manzel »

Good afternoon! I am 20 years old, eight months pregnant, and living with my boyfriend and his parents. He works, and due to me having a baby soon I won't be working much longer. However, he and I really wanted to get out on our own so we can properly raise our child together and give it a happy and healthy environment. There is just one problem.
With me being out of work and him being the only one working, it makes it nearly impossible to pay for a two-bed apartment in the area we are currently living in (Wauregan, CT), and the HUD waiting list for our area is closed. I wanted to know if there was any kind of assistance we could get towards paying rent, and if there is, how can I apply for it? Please get back to me as soon as possible, we would really like to raise our son in our own apartment.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Waiting list for HUD backed up, if not closed

Post by Admin »

Yes, section 8 income based housing often closes waiting lists. It can take years. As far as other help in CT, call one of the section 8 public housing authorities. There are many around the state, including in Wauregan. Maybe they can give you advice on where to go for that 2 bedroom apartment you need.
Manzel wrote:Good afternoon! I am 20 years old, eight months pregnant, and living with my boyfriend and his parents. He works, and due to me having a baby soon I won't be working much longer. However, he and I really wanted to get out on our own so we can properly raise our child together and give it a happy and healthy environment. There is just one problem.
With me being out of work and him being the only one working, it makes it nearly impossible to pay for a two-bed apartment in the area we are currently living in (Wauregan, CT), and the HUD waiting list for our area is closed. I wanted to know if there was any kind of assistance we could get towards paying rent, and if there is, how can I apply for it? Please get back to me as soon as possible, we would really like to raise our son in our own apartment.