Help with paying medical bills
Elon
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Big balance on hospital bill from old surgery

Post by Elon »

To whom it may concern.
My wife had an accident 2 years ago and she broke her hip. She had surgery in the hospital in Long Island, NY. We settled part of the bills and now are paying, but there is still balance of $40000. Our combined income is pretty low. Under $35000. We are looking for help to pay this enormous bill for us.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Big balance on hospital bill from old surgery

Post by Admin »

Try a credit counseling agency in New York. Find locations.
These non-profits may be able to offer debt counseling, mediation, and other tips for dealing with the hospital bill. There is one agency in particular that covers all of Long Island NY, and maybe they have ideas for that 40,000 bill.
Elon wrote:She had surgery in the hospital in Long Island, NY. We settled part of the bills and now are paying, but there is still balance of $40000.
Redwine

Post by Redwine »

Was trying to help someone who fell behind on medical bills and is facing another upcoming surgery, so they need the hospital bills paid. They found a charity to help but the $ wasn't going to come quick enough for the patient who said they needed about 1600 today. Neither the hospital charity nor the property owner could reimburse me anything if I paid it today. Not sure what can be done this point but figured I’d reach out. She has a kid too which is how she qualified for the program.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you have an old surgery, whether from months or years ago, there is financial help. Payment plans, charity care from the hospital, non-profit advice, credit counseling and more. Literally dozens of options may be out there. Read more on hospital emergency financial assistance programs.
Blake Corum

Post by Blake Corum »

Good afternoon.
My name is Courtney. I recently had a big surgery at Lovelace hospital in NM and just received a $1800 dollar bill. I do not qualify for Medicaid but am on disability Medicare. Unfortunately I am on the line of receiving Medicaid and this in itself is difficult. I need help paying the balance on this hospital bill. Even a payment plan of 150 a month is not possible. Please help me.