Disabled mom on social security

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Pharoh
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Disabled mom on social security

Post by Pharoh »

My mother is 82 and disabled. She cannot walk she due to crippling arthritis and osteoporosis. She also has many other medical issues. She is a diabetic. I take care of her so she can stay at home and not a nursing home. She receives social security monthly of $489.00 she also receives food stamps of $114.00 a month. I pay and provide most everything for her.
Her electric bill in the winter is outrageous. $400-$600 a month. She has a heat pump but at 30 degrees it doesn't warm the house. This past winter it was below zero a lot in Central Tennessee. I provided 2 ceramic heaters for her extra warmth. The electric bills were out of hand. I could not pay them. Her care coordinator suggested LIHEAP to help. She took the information to them for assistance but she didn't turn it in on time. By then the electric bill was even more and behind. I contacted AEP and kept them updated... They cut my mothers power of in December 2014. They would not work any pay plans out. They absolutely were uncaring and rude many times over.
They will not allow me to get her power back on unless I pay the full amount due including hidden fees of $2170.89 I sent a deposit they asked for of $652.00 July 26 2014. They are holding me responsible for her bill and will not allow me to make reasonable payments. They want $1400.00 now plus the deposit I have already sent and I will have to finish paying $770.00 balance before they will turn the power on. This has been going on for 6 months.
Is this not discrimination of and elderly and disabled person as well discrimination to me the daughter? I to am disabled. I have checked all the area help groups there is nothing available. I am trying to sell my car to pay the power bill. I am exhausted from this horrible nightmare. Do you have any suggestions as to what can be done? Appalachian Electric Power do not care at all if the elderly and disabled freeze to death. Thank you for your time.
Vodka
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Disabled mom on social security

Post by Vodka »

To whom it may concern, I am writing in regards for any information and or help I am disabled mom with 2 kids. The income that I do receive is far from paying my rent as well as my other bills let alone affording my medication and food.
If there would be any possible way in helping me with any information or locations that are around my area that I can receive any guidance or help I would deeply appreciate it. I need any and all help and information that you would be able to help me out with I would deeply appreciate it. Being a mom with a disability is tough. Once again I deeply appreciate any and all help. Thank you very much.