I work at a non-profit and have q question

State and local government assistance programs.
EllenD
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

I work at a non-profit and have q question

Post by EllenD »

Hello. I work with a nonprofit organization. I have a veteran in the Lancaster area that is in severe need of not only groceries, but help with an electric bill and mortgage. If there is any way that you can help us help him, please contact me. A phone number would be very helpful.
Thank you,
Ebonee
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: I work at a non-profit and have q question

Post by Ebonee »

Hello,
My name is Melinda and I work at one non-profit, but need information on others. I was wanting to get more info on non-profit agencies or organizations that assist with moving expenses and utilities? I currently rent a house in South Omaha for $1485 monthly plus utilities and other bills (car insurance, plates. car fixes, movie streaming services, internet) I currently work only part time from home with only 29.9 hours per week. I had my father move in with my 5 children and I to help with expenses but this is not working out. He is unreliable and has debt of his own. I can't afford the current living expenses. I am trying to move to a 2 bedroom apt in the Omaha area for between $800-1100 per month for rent. Hopefully finding one with utilities included. I expect to go full time at my job in the next 6 months but I am on a waiting list. I am currently on the list for disability for mental health conditions after DV and recent trauma that involved my 10-month old. I have just ended my assistance with MAACH for renters assistance from the non-profit I work at. They covered my rent from 05/2022 - 09/2022. I have saved what I could but have had debt to pay and cars to fix or sell and buy another used one cause it wasn't worth the cost of fixing. Any help or referrals would be appreciated.
Thank you.
-Melinda