need help in or

Find how to get help with rent
lei73
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

need help in or

Post by lei73 »

Im 36 single with 2 teenagers. just finished chemo for cancer. they stopped my ssi and now I cant pay the rent (due in 2 days) or car payment. where can i go for help? I tried community action: no funds. in sublimity oregon
helper

Re: need help in or

Post by helper »

Here are different charities and assistance organizations in Orego. Hopefully one of these agencies will have fundsfor you, but contact them directly to apply, ask.

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.c ... it&stid=11

http://liheap.ncat.org/profiles/Oregon.htm

Surprising that a community action agency is out of funding. They are usually a good resource as well. Most be tremendous demand there.
Heremeroad
anti spam: Blue

Post by Heremeroad »

Good Morning,
Would you be able to provide me with resources on rental assistance in Thurston County, Washington? It is near the Oregon border, so that may work too. I am a single mother of 2 with an income of $1260 / month and moving from my current residence. I was given 15 days to move. I do not have access to transportation to a shelter as I live in a rural area (Rainier, WA). I found an apartment in my area that I can afford on my own but with my given in come I can't afford the deposit of $800.
Thank you,
Malawai

Post by Malawai »

My fiancé and our 11 month old daughter are facing homelessness in 5 days. We have been renting a room for the past year from a friend in Portland Oregon, and that friend is now moving out of state for work.

My fiancé takes care of our daughter during the day while I work. I was recently laid off from a good job. I have 2 job offers from 2 local companies that I will be able to start working at, but the earliest time I can start is July 20th. We have exhausted our savings and are down to the last 15 dollars.

We don’t know where to look at this point. The only cell phone we have has no minutes on it and only has unlimited texting until I can afford to put minutes on it. This in itself prevents me from searching for work/help. We will be homeless August 1st, and until July 20th when I start this job, and roughly August 10th when I will receive my first paycheck, we don’t know what to do.

If there is some sort of program to find us an apartment and pay for the first months rent we will succeed. Any help or advice would be so greatly appreciated. I am 21, my fiancé is 22. Thank you and God bless.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You may want to move into a shelter or transitional housing program in Portland until you can save money. Also, if you were laid off, why isn't your fiance working now while you wait on the new job? He can work anywhere...heck even at a retailer to make some money. You watch the kids while you are out of work. That is the advice you requested. But anyway, also try these Portland Oregon transitional housing programs.