Unexplained utility deposit

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Anderson
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Unexplained utility deposit

Post by Anderson »

Last week OG&E send me a bill with a deposit in it, they have a $260 deposit. I called and they couldn’t tell why but it was there. On line it shows for the past 9 months I haven’t been late, sending cash only in money orders but they are charging me late fees. Can you help, I don’t have this extra kind of money to pay them a deposit.
Farfalle

Re: Unexplained utility deposit

Post by Farfalle »

Have to put Southwest Gas in my name. I couldn't pay $250.00 deposit, received utility deposit help of $200.00. But the county told me to choose either not both, Gas in friends name whom is immediately pulling out applied for energy assistance.
On December 5th still no word. I am legally disabled receiving Social Security. Help! Read that being disabled & getting Snap, Medicaid that I should be automatically approved. By the time I pay all my bills I have $8.00 for feminine stuff or detergent.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Unexplained utility deposit

Post by Admin »

What state do you have Southwest Gas in? California? As they cover many states in the southern and western part of the country. So you say you should be automatically improved? That sounds like you have a strong sense of entitlement, which is very wrong and sad. Maybe you can live with someone else to split your bills, get a job (as the market is booming and disabled can work), or do other things to save money for the deposit. Here is a list of SW gas programs in your area (if you are in California). http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... assis.html
Farfalle wrote:Have to put Southwest Gas in my name. I couldn't pay $250.00 deposit, received utility deposit help of $200.00. But the county told me to choose either not both, Gas in friends name whom is immediately pulling out applied for energy assistance.
On December 5th still no word. I am legally disabled receiving Social Security. Help! Read that being disabled & getting Snap, Medicaid that I should be automatically approved. By the time I pay all my bills I have $8.00 for feminine stuff or detergent.