Veteran husband abused me and now need housing

Find how to get help with rent
Nermer
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Veteran husband abused me and now need housing

Post by Nermer »

I have been married to a disabled veteran for 6 years. He became violent and I had to leave after police were involved and he threatened my life. I have found a place to rent and am doing my best to get in there but I need assistance. I am disabled myself and cannot afford the past due electric fee to get my electric turned on. My husband ran up bills and ruined my credit and rental history. I still owe $200 to KU electric in Flemingsburg. I have reached out to the Licking Valley program and the Ministerial Association. As of now, they have not been able to help. I need to get in there and have a place for me and my 10 year old son. If you can help or think of anyone else who can it would be greatly appreciated.
Td9aw

Re: Veteran husband abused me and now need housing

Post by Td9aw »

I am in desperate need of some kind of low income or affordable housing, as I am recovering from abuse. I work but make barely enough to live. I was staying with someone and they want to me to move out which I am more than willing to do however based on my income I cannot afford anything other than living in my car.
I have no children so not entitled to welfare or low income housing, nor am I of senior age quite yet, I am not disabled, nor a veteran (even though married to one), not even blind or deaf, not receiving county aid, not getting benefits from anybody. I guess when you are just a plain ordinary person who is abused and is struggling that’s what you can do is struggle until you can't struggle anymore. If you can suggest any place or agency I can ask for help it would be greatly appreciated.
bobJohnson
anti spam: Blue

Re: Veteran husband abused me and now need housing

Post by bobJohnson »

My mother is desperate for help. She is current living with a person that wants her to move out and tell her all the time she has to leave but she has no place to go because she is an elder who receive from SSI less than $900 per months and she doesn't meet the minimum income for low income. She is just recovering from abuse from her past husband too, who was a veteran of the USMC.
She has been in the section 8 list for years but hasn't receive anything yet. She is desperate because doesn't have where to go. She needs a place to rent according to her income. She is really depressed with this situation because she doesn't know for how long she will be supporting this, and the abuse from husband was more than enough to deal with. She is an American citizen but doesn't speak English.