Registration of my car with California DMV

Anything else you may need or want to discuss?
NHPB has many programs listed, and for general help try the search feature.
Rubio
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Registration of my car with California DMV

Post by Rubio »

We live in Santa Cruz county, I just found this site by chance. I wish I would have found it much soon, like in February 2011 or April 2012 the times I was homeless and was calling any and everyone for help and we got a big run around. Though we are no longer living in our van, we still need some help.
We have been given a car from a neighbor who I do errands, feed her daily, care for her every day life. She don't go out cause of anxiety. So now I have a car that I can't drive cause it needs to be registered and smogged in California.
The car was never put on non-op so the fees are about 600.00 and smog 50.-75. plus I have a chance to get a good paying job but I need my fingerprints done. But no car, no job no job and then no food, propane, bills. Can some one please help me get the last 2 things I been work towards but I can't do it without a better job and a car. Please help me.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Registration of my car with California DMV

Post by Admin »

We are not sure if any agency will help pay for registration or smog tests. But if you have a chance for a good job, and that is the only issue prevetin you from taking it, then maybe try the Santa Cruz community action agency. As they focus on jobs, self-sufficiency, etc. Maybe they know of a grant program to pay the DMV with.
Rubio wrote:So now I have a car that I can't drive cause it needs to be registered and smogged in California.
The car was never put on non-op so the fees are about 600.00 and smog 50.-75. plus I have a chance to get a good paying job but I need my fingerprints done. But no car, no job no job and then no food, propane, bills. Can some one please help me get the last 2 things I been work towards but I can't do it without a better job and a car. Please help me.