Any help to travel to another state across country?
Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2026 1:08 pm
Hello,
My name is Terri and I’m a 100% disabled veteran currently living in California. Due to the high cost of living here, I’ve made the difficult decision to relocate to the Knoxville, Tennessee area this October. I’ll be traveling there in August to search for housing.
I currently have a HUD-VASH voucher in California, but I’ve learned that I am no longer eligible for the program in Tennessee due to my VA compensation. While I am thankful for my benefits, this sudden change in housing support has created a financial challenge for me during this transition.
My name is Terri and I’m a 100% disabled veteran currently living in California. Due to the high cost of living here, I’ve made the difficult decision to relocate to the Knoxville, Tennessee area this October. I’ll be traveling there in August to search for housing.
I currently have a HUD-VASH voucher in California, but I’ve learned that I am no longer eligible for the program in Tennessee due to my VA compensation. While I am thankful for my benefits, this sudden change in housing support has created a financial challenge for me during this transition.