We would like to leave the YWCA shelter

Find how to get help with rent
PaulDean
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

We would like to leave the YWCA shelter

Post by PaulDean »

I am in current need of some form of housing. I have searched and been denied due to my past evictions and credit. I am fully employed and been taking care of my four children as best as I could. We went to the YWCA family shelter and because I couldn't find housing / get approved for any we was asked to leave several nights.
We slept in a car and on my payday a I paid for hotel stay. At the current moment I am beyond depressed stressed and lost for who I am. I tried calling my family for help but no response. I'm to the point of doing the one thing I said I would never do and that's give up my rights as a parent it hurts to think or even say it but I feel I can no longer provide for my children just because we have no housing. A friend of mine told me about the join organization and she told me that they helped her out. I'm not sure if the same can be done for me but I can only pray and hope. Thank you.
Janedoe

Re: We would like to leave the YWCA shelter

Post by Janedoe »

My boyfriend, daughter and I are homeless in Coos Bay, and live in the YWCA shelter. We came here to start over because we were homeless in Sweet Home Oregon whether there were no resources, no jobs and no future. We are currently in a motel but are about to run out of money.
I've been googling resources and this sites send to be the most helpful but I don't see contact information for the other regional YWCA shelters not housing programs. Could you please direct me to anyone who can help? I do have financial aid approved and plan to attend the community college here and my boyfriend is activity looking for employment.
Leann D
anti spam: Blue

Re: We would like to leave the YWCA shelter

Post by Leann D »

Hello, my name is Mary and I'm homeless right now in a YWCA shelter. I have been for the past 4 months and on the run from a gentleman that has been making my life very difficult. I'm from OKC and had to flee from home to get away from him. Came to Tulsa and entered the YWCA homeless shelter. Did my 45 days. Not exactly 45, but afterwards without having anywhere to go, I was brought to this hotel I'm currently residing in/working.
The arrangements are not the best, but it keeps me off the streets. I've just gotten word that the gentleman that I'm fleeing from is here in Tulsa and asking about my whereabouts. He has connections here in Tulsa and I am scared for my life. I desperately need to get away from him. He has threatening to kill me when he finds me and I really need to get out of Tulsa. Please, please help save me. I'm so scared. I desperately need your help. In Tulsa OK. I have to be out of this hotel and the YWCA shelter by Wednesday due to non payment. I don't know what to do. I desperately need assistance.