The St. Vincent in Los Angeles is not very helpful

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
Parseti
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

The St. Vincent in Los Angeles is not very helpful

Post by Parseti »

I need help because my power is going to be disconnected on Tuesday, August. 31. I am a single mother of two boys under the age of five. I was supposed to start a new job but had a seizure before I started and have to be cleared by a neurologist in order to go to work.
I have called churches all through out my community and no one will return my call. I even spoke with a woman from Saint Vincent de Paul in Los Angeles who would have helped but I live in a different area not supported. Which is the next county over. I honestly have tried everything I can think of. Please help!!! I can be reached at this email.
sasolis
anti spam: Blue

Re: The St. Vincent in Los Angeles is not very helpful

Post by sasolis »

You can't blame St Vincent most places are limited within a certain county, area, etc. Call and work a payment plan out with them, usually the will work with you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Does the Los Angeles Saint Vincent have any ideas for you? Normally they are part of partnerships with other counties. So ask about that. So while they may not be helpful as you are not in their service area, maybe they can tell you other options to go to. Here are more details http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... e_pau.html
JasonDD

Post by JasonDD »

To Whom It May Concern
I live in Los Angeles, California and currently, I'm in a financially critical place in my life. I need help from St. Vincent with rent, food, utilities (electricity, water, internet, and phone), and paying off a student loan.
My rent is due November 1, 2021 and I do not have it. I applied for Section 8 Housing when I lived in Waltham, MA on March 7, 2011 for my future and desperately need help now paying my rent. I've been on the waiting list with The St. Vincent for over 8 years but heard there is a 10-year waiting period. I hope that isn't true.
For months, I've looked HARD to find a job that will help me pay my bills combined with my Social Security, since my savings is just about dry. After moving back to Los Angeles May 2020, I've encountered GREAT age discrimination trying to get any kind of a job. I've applied to numerous jobs in a variety of areas in person and through the Internet. Journalism/writing is a field I've spent many years in, however besides the age discrimination I've encountered, people are being laid off at this time. Unfortunately, it appears many people in Los Angeles are also applying for jobs in various areas I'm applying and are 50 years younger than I am. That doesn’t bother me because I feel since I've lived longer, I'm even more qualified for whatever job I apply. That's my logic.
I've NEVER had a problem getting a job in Los Angeles. However, since I've returned 16 years older, that has made a difference. Okay, just because I'll be 75-years-old June 6th, why should it be a problem? But it is!!! As I've mentioned, I've been flexible, considering many areas outside of journalism/writing. Maybe, covering stories as a reporter would be a challenge for me now since I have a severe knee disability (need a knee replacement) and I'm hard of hearing, and do not have a car anymore. However, I would have figured out how to make it happen through the bus or LYFT. But, the reality is, for whatever reason, no one has hired me for any job. I never even mention my knee, or the hearing challenge (I wear hearing aids but it's not that obvious), and of course I never mention my age. But, maybe my age is obvious.
The bottom line, currently, I need help paying my bills from The St. Vincent in Los Angeles. Any help you can connect me with will be greatly appreciated!
Thank you so much,