State of Florida barely pay for anything for disability

State and local government assistance programs.
Zebra
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

State of Florida barely pay for anything for disability

Post by Zebra »

I have ran into hard times. I am a disabled veteran and currently live in Miami FL. My girlfriend is a full time student and is not able to work at this time. The disability check I receive is just enough to pay the rent and not the utilities so every month I have to pick what I’m going to pay. I have tried to work in the past but my body just isn’t strong enough. I have had a few surgeries since 2012 and have more to come. I am looking for any help I can get. It is very hard for me to ask but I’m afraid I will be out on the streets very soon. Thank you very much.
Tessez

Re: State of Florida barely pay for anything for disability

Post by Tessez »

I need information or advice on how I can live on my own with a disability income of only $1350.00 per month in Florida. Is it possible to get some kind of assistance for living expenses? I am currently living with my daughter, and I need to get out on my own but I don't know if I could afford to do so... please if there is anyone out there that can direct me I would really appreciate it. I am new to the state and I do get "share of cost" medical right now, but that seems to be draining so much of my income on doctor bills and medications each month... thank you in advance any thoughts would be appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: State of Florida barely pay for anything for disability

Post by Admin »

There are many government programs for the disabled in Florida, including some that may offer additional financial aid or basic needs such as food. But the best thing to do is to work to supplement your SSI payments. As while there is benefits for the disabled, it will always be limited. But find the resources on the main site. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... t_pro.html