Waiting on disability application in Florida

State and local government assistance programs.
Gourmet
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Waiting on disability application in Florida

Post by Gourmet »

I'm disabled in Miami and filed for social security and waiting on results. I'm homeless and needing help with getting into a apartment or low income place. My family can help a little bit but I'm needing assistance with the rest. I've had three back surgeries and I'm always hurting and it keeps me from working. Social security seems to be contesting the application, and I could use an attorney too. Please email me back please and let me know if you could help me, I'm a 32 year old male. Thanks for your time.
sasolis

Re: Waiting on disability application in Florida

Post by sasolis »

Call for local resources and check those listed for your area here. Sadly SS disability takes years and you need help before then.
Nicks19

Post by Nicks19 »

Hey there,
I have been struggling getting my bills caught up ever since my dog was attacked. It costed me more money than I could afford but I was so emotional at the time I went forward with it and am still feeling the effects a year later. I just had an eviction notice on my door which I gave every penny I had for my landlord to reconsider. Now I don't have the money to pay the light company which my roommate left without paying of course. I owe about $650 within this week or my lights are getting cut off. I don't know what to do other than file for disability.
If you have any suggestions please let me know. I work full time as a restaurant manager and am doing everything in my power to try to get things under control I’m just not being able to catch a break. I’m from a broken family in Florida, and I moved up here a couple years ago to make a life for myself that I didn't see possible in Florida. At this rate I’ll be back in Florida in no time. I will be able to pay back or re-give money to someone else in need in a couple weeks. I just don't have it this week for my bill. I hope there is something out there that can help me just this once.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The disability application process in Florida does take time. But you can look for short term support in the meantime. Will your landlord offer you a break as you are working full time? Maybe a payment plan. Your utility company should be able to do that for you while you are filign disability. So call around and check with those people, as while $650 is a good chunk of change, it does not seem undo-able.
Nicks19 wrote:Hey there,
I have been struggling getting my bills caught up ever since my dog was attacked. It costed me more money than I could afford but I was so emotional at the time I went forward with it and am still feeling the effects a year later. I just had an eviction notice on my door which I gave every penny I had for my landlord to reconsider. Now I don't have the money to pay the light company which my roommate left without paying of course. I owe about $650 within this week or my lights are getting cut off. I don't know what to do other than file for disability.
If you have any suggestions please let me know. I work full time as a restaurant manager and am doing everything in my power to try to get things under control I’m just not being able to catch a break. I’m from a broken family in Florida, and I moved up here a couple years ago to make a life for myself that I didn't see possible in Florida. At this rate I’ll be back in Florida in no time. I will be able to pay back or re-give money to someone else in need in a couple weeks. I just don't have it this week for my bill. I hope there is something out there that can help me just this once.
Mike Wirth

Post by Mike Wirth »

Hello,
Good evening, my name is Jennifer. I live in a rented apartment with my boyfriend in Gainesville Florida and I'm running out of time to pay for rent as we wait on disability applications.
Today we received an eviction notice on our door from our landlord in Florida. On top of that all our utility bills, along with my car payment and medical bills, are also past due as we wait on disability decision.
I applied to some loans online and got denied because of my credit score and I also applied to a few assistance programs like OUR Florida and also got denied. We're having issues with CFAA because some of the required documents they need are not currently available.
My dad is unable to help out at the moment as he too is facing financial problems and my mom lives in Brazil with disability. Both of my boyfriend's parents are also on disability and not able to help out much financially.
I feel disheartened and scared. I don't know what else to do as I feel like I've tried everything in my power .
If you are able to help us, or guide us in the direction that we need, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for your time.