Need money while pending disability

State and local government assistance programs.
Audrey
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Need money while pending disability

Post by Audrey »

I encountered an on the job injury which resulted in me sustaining radiculopathy, inflammation, swelling and bleeding underneath the skin, torn tendinitis in the knee, cervical/lumbar displacement, arthritis in my right knee to include radiculopathy in the arm. I was able to work up to May 2014 until my injuries continue to be aggravated.

I have lost my vehicle, sold personal property and has exhausted all funds on had to keep afloat. I am currently facing eviction effective July 16, 2014 if my rent is not paid. I am pending a decision from the social security office as well as applying for retirement at my place of employment. Nevertheless I am in desperate need of rent assistance, lights and food. Please help!
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need money while pending disability

Post by Admin »

Disability applications can take months (if not years), and a large percentage get rejected (especially the first time). So that option is not looking positive. You probably need to move with friends, family, etc. to buy yourself time while the application for SSI is pending. There are a few emergency disability assistance programs, but most are run by charities and/or non-profits. They often want to see the applicant have a source of income, and it sounds like you do not have one. So that is another resource that may not help you.