Washington DC assistance

State and local government assistance programs.
MELVINJANICE
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Washington DC assistance

Post by MELVINJANICE »

I LIVE IN WASHINGTON, DC AND MY I NEED HELP WITH MY BILLS AND TO BUY A BED. MY JOB HAS ON 35 HOURS A WEEK AND IT'S HARD TO MAKE ENDS MEET, SHORT ON RENT, I SLEEP ON THE FLOOR FOR 2 YEARS & HAVING HEALTH PROBLEMS CAN'T SAVE TO BUY A BED & I DON'T HAVE FAMILY TO HELP ME SO I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE THAT CAN HELP IN A URGENT MATTER PLEASE!!!! I HAVE MEDICAL BILLS, OWE IRS, PHONE & INTERNET, UTILITY BILLS, RENT AND CAN ONLY BUY $30 IN FOOD, THIS IS TO MUCH PLEASE HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!
Bedford
anti spam: Blue

Re: Washington DC assistance

Post by Bedford »

Greetings,
I ask that you please forgive my informal greeting. I'm sending this e-mail to as many people I can find who are in a position to help this Washington DC family of 5 who have fallen on hard times... hoping that you all have the resources to help them from becoming another homeless statistic. There is a grandmother, her daughter, and 3 children ranging from ages 5 years to 2 weeks old. The grandmother, though ill, has been living with her daughter's family (the daughter is a single mother) and helping to raise and financially support them. After a collision several months back they lost their only means of transportation to work, and the grandma is and daughter were injured and the children were quite shaken. This was the beginning of their downward spiral. The daughter began walking to work in the sub zero weather, heavily pregnant, while the grandma- who still is unable to work- now stays home to baby-sit the younger children. The oldest boy (14 years ) is in a specialized school to accommodate his physical limitations, but has been denied disability. The mother works part time but is on maternity leave at present. Aside from living day to day, they also have outstanding medical bills. The are receiving Food Stamps which does help significantly to keep food on the table, but they have no assistance for living- they cannot pay their rent or utility bills and are facing eviction.
The family has been in need of help for some time, and 4 months ago they broke down and told us of their plight. My Mom and I are on limited incomes and are facing trials of our own, but out of love for the family and as Christians we've helping this family for the past 4 months; paying rent, helping with past due bills, and sending a care package all the while working with them to contact several programs in the State of California who are designed to help low-income and those facing homelessness. The programs are either no longer in existence, are do not return any of our calls. We have tried every avenue we can think of, and then some, but all to no avail.
Though we do not mind helping our friends, the financial strain is too much for Mom and me and it's taking it's toll (we're both on a limited income and are living in a utility trailer that has no running water and were also in a collision when moving to Nevada for medical help). As Christians, we do not want to leave them with no help whatsoever, and since the county is unwilling to help prevent the homelessness of this family of 7, we are appealing to you to please step in and help them to get the assistance they need so they can get back on their feet. It is un-Christian to say "First off, stop helping them because they have to be a hardship before they qualify for any programs... Well, maybe they need to be homeless a while. If they were on the streets then we MIGHT be able to do something."
Aside form a family facing such a crisis, what is the survival rate of a 2 week old in a homeless shelter? This family is not asking for long-term assistance, and with the rent due in 2 days, cannot afford to wait months for assistance in the DC area. They just asking for help until they can get back on their feet.
Please step in and help us help a family in need before it's too late; if the government isn't willing to help, maybe you can get together people who wouldn't mind donating for a few months rent & utilities. Please, please open your hearts to this family; we don't know where else to turn.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Well, you should not be spamming people by emailing all these agencies in Washington DC. But we have a comprehensive listing of programs you can try. They will support individuals that are moving from a shelter or that need food. They offer much more for that family you are looking out for, and find help in Washington DC.
Ditka

Post by Ditka »

I was living in DC and then was uprooted back in 2020 due to the pandemic. It was the worst idea of my life to leave and now I want to permanently relocate to DC and hopefully can build my career out here. Everyone around me doesn't have the means to help or provide assistance for my move back to DC, however, I am confident that if I ask, God will put it on someone's heart to help me. I have no idea how I'm going to do it, but I know that I have nothing to fear and my heart is in the right place to teach these South East students. The goal right now is to raise $5,000 minimum to cover the cost listed above. If I was able to raise that this week it would change my destiny forever and I can make it for my start date.
Thank you for your time and consideration regarding this urgent matter.