Being evicted from a room in the house I rent

Find how to get help with rent
Danny D
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Being evicted from a room in the house I rent

Post by Danny D »

I rent a room from people and I have to leave the room and take another one but all rooms expensive and I can't afford to pay. I work and get $170 per week and I have collage so I can take the new one and I will get assistant. I have to pay for medicate]ion as well. I take food stamp to so how I can apply and when before I take the new one or now or what?
pressure1

Re: Being evicted from a room in the house I rent

Post by pressure1 »

I was in the Army and was injured so medically discharged and used my G I Bill to go to college but it was terminated recently so my housing allowance was cut off. I recently found a job but it took me two weeks to find one and I offered to pay the rent with the late fee on the 26th of the month. It is my first pay check but the manager of the room I rent does not want to cooperate and has given me a 24 hr pre-eviction notice. I do not know what to do in this situation, for I have no other place set up to go.
W Dubler

Post by W Dubler »

My fiancé and I just recently got laid off our jobs due to tenure within the last 3 weeks. Losing our jobs was something unexpected. We managed to get new jobs however, we don't start until October 7th. Rent for the house we lease at the latest is due on October 5th. We need a total of $805. Any help is appreciated, we are at risk of getting evicted and we don't have any family around the area to help us and our 2 cats out. Thank you.
KellyAnn

Post by KellyAnn »

My name is Laura Kern, and I've recently moved into a new house here in Jackson. The room in the house I'm renting had been empty for almost a year, and due to that Entergy is requiring the city to come and do an inspection and provide a permit in order for my lights to be turned on here for the room I rent so I am not evicted.
I noticed on Entergy's website that you all provide assistance regarding utilities. Due to my recent move, my funds are low and I'm having a hard time coming up with the $100 the city is charging to come out and do this required inspection. Is there any way you may be able to help me with this so I am not evicted from the room?
Entergy is also requiring a $200 deposit plus a $45 connection fee, but I believe I can have that divided between my first 3 bills. Right now, I just need assistance with the $100 inspection fee so I'm able to get this permit and have Entergy come and turn my power on. I've been here over a week now without power and running what I can off a generator that I'm sure my neighbors are tired of hearing. Please let me know if you're able to assist.
Gamefly

Post by Gamefly »

Good morning,
Thanks for taking the time to read this email. I received an eviction notice from the room I rent and quite honestly scared. I've been trying to find cheaper apartments because my ex boyfriend and I rented a two bedroom apartment in cherry hill but I don't have the credit score that apartments are
Looking for.
We, my 8 year old daughter and I are at Lexington House and got the eviction notice for that room. I am completely lost in what to do. I'm slowly trying to bring down my rent and now with the non eviction notice done I'm afraid we will be homeless. I just registered my daughter for Joyce Kilmer. I am on disability and would have never rented a two bedroom apartment if it had just been my daughter and myself. The last apartment we had was a one bedroom and it worked out fine, my daughter had her own room which is all I care about. My ex boyfriend is on the lease but he doesn't help with any of the rent or bills. I'm truly scared. Camden county HUD isn't accepting new applications or applicants for newly evicted people.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you only lease a room, and sound "informal", your options are more limited. But there still may be financial help, eviction prevention programs, grants and more for you. Of course it depends on your state, but look here for help paying my rent before you get evicted.